On Mac: Make sure AirDrop is turned on Mac. Check the “Allow me to be discovered by” setting at the bottom of the AirDrop window. If your AirDrop is set to receive content from Contacts Only, both devices must be signed in to iCloud, and the email address or phone number associated with the sender's Apple ID must be in the Contacts app of your Mac. As long as the iPhone or iPad has AirDrop turned on, and isn’t asleep, you should see it appear in the AirDrop window in the Finder on the Mac. Drag and drop the image or file onto the icon. AirDrop was an iPhone feature released in iOS 7 that would allow two Apple devices to quickly transfer files wirelessly. It's one of those features that you. When it comes to file management, Apple fans have had it easy. Ever since Apple debuted AirDrop in OS X Lion, way back in July of 2011, moving files around your linked desktop and laptop systems. Use AirDrop on iPad to send items to nearby devices. With AirDrop you can wirelessly send your photos, videos, websites, locations, and more to other nearby devices and Mac computers (iOS 7, iPadOS 13, OS X 10.10, or later required). AirDrop transfers information using Wi.
Usually, when we want to send photos to someone from our computer or phone, we use text messages, email, or a social media messenger. However, if you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, sending files, photos, or videos to someone is much easier. Instead of sending a text or email, you can use AirDrop. Here’s how to turn on AirDrop, how to turn it off, how to AirDrop from an iPhone to a Mac, and the other way around.
What is AirDrop?
AirDrop is a way for macOS and iOS devices toshare files wirelessly. It uses Bluetooth to create a WiFi connection from oneApple device to another.
How to Turn On Airdrop on iPhone or iPad
- To turn on AirDrop, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. This will take you to the Control Center.
- Press and hold the WiFi button. This will open a WiFi folder in Control Center.
- Then tap AirDrop.
- Finally, select who can AirDrop to your device. If you select Contacts Only, you will only receive files from people in your Contacts list. If you choose Everyone, anyone can transfer files to you via AirDrop. Once this is set, AirDrop will be turned on in your device. That’s how to turn on AirDrop on your iPhone.
How to Airdrop from an iPhone to a Mac
- Make sure that both iPhone and Mac have their Bluetooth and WiFi turned on.
- Open a file on your iPhone that you want to AirDrop.
- Tap the Share button. This is the icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up.
- Then tap AirDrop.
- Choose the Mac device that you want to AirDrop the files to. If the user profile of the recipient Mac is in your Contacts list, you will see an identifying label and photo by the top of the window. If the recipient Mac is not in your Contacts list, you will see a gray circle with the Mac account’s initials under it.
- The files will then be sent to the Mac’s downloads folder.
Airdrop From Ipad To Laptop
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
- Open the file in your Mac that you want to AirDrop.
- Click the Share button in Finder. If you don’t see the Share button, hover to the top toolbar of the window until you see the Share button.
- From the sharing options listed, choose AirDrop.
- Finally, double click the iPhone recipient from the AirDrop sheet. If you are sharing a photo or video, it will be sent to the Photos app on the iPhone.
Airdrop On Mac
Alternatively, you can also follow the stepsbelow to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone:
Airdrop From Macbook To Ipad
- Open Finder. This is the half-blue and half-gray face icon in your Dock.
- From the sidebar, clickon AirDrop. If you don’t see AirDrop, select Finder and hitthe Command + Coma keys on your keyboard at the same time. Then click theSidebar tab and check the box next to AirDrop.
- Drag the files that youwant to AirDrop onto an iPhone recipient.
How to Turn Off Airdrop on your iPhone oriPad
- Swipe up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the WiFi icon.
- Then tap AirDrop.
- Select “Receiving Off” to turn off AirDrop.
How to Turn Off Airdrop on your Mac Computer
- Click Finder or thehalf-blue and half-gray app.
- Select AirDrop from the leftsidebar. If you don’t see AirDrop, select Finder and hitthe Command + Coma keys on your keyboard at the same time. Then click theSidebar tab and check the box next to AirDrop.
- Select “No One” from the“Allow me to be discovered by” options.
Airdrop Ipad To Mac
Now that you know how to turn on AirDrop, it is much simpler to send and receive files with other Apple users near you. If you are running out of space on your smartphone, check out our guide on how to free up space on your iPhone.