MacBooster 7 is a great app that protects your Mac from over 20 types of junk files. This app will free up your system’s hard disk and give you more storage space making your Mac run faster. This app is perfect for cleaning, optimizing and securing your Mac. You can get it for $4.99/month. AppCleaner is a small application which allows you to thoroughly uninstall unwanted apps. Installing an application distributes many files throughout your System using space of your Hard Drive unnecessarily. AppCleaner finds all these small files and safely deletes them.
Are you looking for a good Mac optimizer or storage Cleaner tool that you can use to get rid of the annoying junk and cache on your Mac? If yes, this post is specially written for you. Here, I will introduce you to the Best Mac Cleaner apps of the current time. You can pick either of these and use it to clean your Macbook efficiently.
- 1 11 Best Mac Cleaner Apps in 2020
11 Best Mac Cleaner Apps in 2020
After using your Mac and browsing through the web, your Mac can store up a lot of junk and cache files that you don’t need. These files consume up a lot of valuable space. This may slow down the overall speed and performance of your Mac. To clean such files, there are tools available that can clear them in a single click. Such files are known as Mac Cleaner apps and Using the best apps is the best way to keep your Macbook clean and junk-free.
You might think about clearing the junk manually, but that is far from being achievable on a regular basis. This is due to the fact that the junk piles up in various different files and folders. You cannot go through the explorer and clear it yourself. Therefore, here are the 11 Best Mac Cleaner apps that you can use in 2020.
1. MacBooster 8 Pro
Best free online games mac. MacBooster8 Pro is your one-stop solution for all your cleaning needs on Mac. The best part is that it is an overall maintenance tool for Mac. It is able to clean up 20 types of junk files and remove Mac malware and virus to protect your Mac. Also, MacBooster can optimize Mac hard disk to boost your Mac to the peak performance. You must try this tool once to know about its greatness better.
It Requires OS X 10.9 or later(compatible with macOS Catalina) to run efficiently. You can use it to clean all sorts of system junk files, internet cache, and duplicate files to free up precious space. Additionally, it will also maintain, manage, and protect your system.
2. Smart Mac Care
Smart Mac Care is the next tool on our list. It is an amazing cleaning app for Mac that can help you clear the junk and free up space. It is embedded with a lot of additional features and utilities that you can use to boost the performance and speed of your Mac. Apart from that, it also protects the system against the dreaded virus and malware.
One notable feature of this tool is its ‘Privacy scan.’ The privacy scan detects and removes all the unwanted cookies, internet history, and cache from your browsers to protect your privacy. You can get the app from the App Store. This signifies its legitimacy.
Best App For Mac Cleaning
3. CleanMyMac X
CleanMyMacX is a very popular and one of the best Mac cleaner apps available out there. It is developed and published by a well-known Mac apps publisher, MacPaw. If you are looking for a good cleaner, this app is a complete package for you. It is able to clear all the system junk, cache, cookies, and duplicate files. Additionally, it also has a performance monitor and a malware remover to keep your Mac boosted and protected.
You can definitely give this tool a shot to understand it better. It is my guarantee that you won’t regret using it.
4. CCleaner (Mac version)
CCleaner is a very popular cleaner tool available for a number of operating systems. It is developed and published by Piriform. CCleaner’s Mac version is a very good cleaning utility for Mac. It is able to clean all the unnecessary files from your Mac and free up a notable amount of space. Also, you can customize which files or cookies you wish to keep.
The best part is that it is a freeware. Hence, anyone can use it for free without any hesitation.
DaisyDisk is the next mac cleaner on our list. It is a tremendous cleaning software and disk management tool for Mac. It is able to clean all sorts of unwanted files on your Mac like the junk, cache, and cookies. Additionally, you can use it to get a keen view of the system storage in the form of a chart. Then, you can study the chart to find the imperfections and vulnerabilities, and take the necessary actions accordingly.
DaisyDisk is also able to scan more than one disk at the same time at a remarkable speed. Just give this app a shot and you’ll realize that is quite worthy.
DiskDoctor is a well-known disk management and cleaner tool for Mac. It is able to clean all kinds of system junk files, unwanted cache, cookies, internet history, and duplicate files to free up space on your disk. You can also use this app to detect all the flaws on your disk and optimize it in the way you want.
This app got the ‘Mac Gem’ award by MacWorld in 2013. You can surely try it and see it becoming your favorite mac cleaner in a very short span of time.
7. Sensei- Mac Performance Tool
Sensei- Mac Performance Tool is the newest entry in our list. It is basically a performance management software for Mac. To enhance the performance, it frees up all the unnecessarily consumed space by junk files. It cleans all sorts of system junk, cache, logs, cookies, and large files.
It presents to you a crystal-clear image of how your Mac is currently performing and what you need to do in order to improvise it.
8. Mac Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro
Mac Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro is a wonderful disk cleaning utility for Mac. It is able to remove junk files, internet cookies, system logs, and unwanted apps to free up the needed space. You can use it to manage the extensions in a single click. Also, this app is able to reset apps by clearing their service files.
You can give this software a shot once, and know, how effectively it can clear all the trash files on your Mac.
9. Disk Clean Pro
Disk Clean Pro is one more Mac cleaner with a number of advanced tools to serve you better. It is able to get rid of all the junk and trash files in just a single click. So, you never run low on space. Additionally, you can also use it to manage the disk storage and keep everything organized on your Mac.
It is able to find duplicate files, unused old files, old downloads, and logs. Also, you can use it to delete crash reports that consume a lot of space.
10. Drive Genius
Drive Genius is a great mac cleaner app to get rid of the junk files occupying unwanted space on your Mac. It is able to clean all the trash and free up space to make sure the Mac keeps running smoothly. Drive Genius is your one-stop solution for cleaning, data recovery, and virus scanning.
It is often used by professionals for their Mac cleanup processes as it has a number of advanced features available.
11. Parallels Toolbox for Mac
Parallels Toolbox for Mac is a complete package of tools that you’ll ever need for your Mac. One of the tools from the toolbox is Clean Drive. It is able to detect and clean all the unwanted files, cookies, cache and apps. This is a very useful tool to keep your Mac junk-free so it is able to run at the maximum speed. If you don’t clean the junk, your Mac will get clumsy once it gets short on storage.
Best Cleaning App For Mac Reddit
Other important tools of the toolbox include Uninstall Apps, Find Duplicates and Free Memory. You can use all of them to optimize your Mac in the best possible manner.
These were the 11 best mac cleaner apps for you to use in 2020 and beyond. I hope this post helps you enough. For any queries, doubts, or suggestions, feel free to visit the comment box. I’ll be glad to listen and respond.
Optimized Storage in macOS Sierra and later* can save space by storing your content in iCloud and making it available on demand. When storage space is needed, files, photos, movies, email attachments, and other files that you seldom use are stored in iCloud automatically. Each file stays right where you last saved it, and downloads when you open it. Files that you’ve used recently remain on your Mac, along with optimized versions of your photos.
* If you haven't yet upgraded to macOS Sierra or later, learn about other ways to free up storage space.
Find out how much storage is available on your Mac
Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Storage. Each segment of the bar is an estimate of the storage space used by a category of files. Move your pointer over each segment for more detail.
Click the Manage button to open the Storage Management window, pictured below. This button is available only in macOS Sierra or later.
Manage storage on your Mac
The Storage Management window offers recommendations for optimizing your storage. If some recommendations are already turned on, you will see fewer recommendations.
Store in iCloud
Click the Store in iCloud button, then choose from these options:
- Desktop and Documents. Store all files from these two locations in iCloud Drive. When storage space is needed, only the files you recently opened are kept on your Mac, so that you can easily work offline. Files stored only in iCloud show a download icon , which you can double-click to download the original file. Learn more about this feature.
- Photos. Store all original, full-resolution photos and videos in iCloud Photos. When storage space is needed, only space-saving (optimized) versions of photos are kept on your Mac. To download the original photo or video, just open it.
- Messages. Store all messages and attachments in iCloud. When storage space is needed, only the messages and attachments you recently opened are kept on your Mac. Learn more about Messages in iCloud.
Storing files in iCloud uses the storage space in your iCloud storage plan. If you reach or exceed your iCloud storage limit, you can either buy more iCloud storage or make more iCloud storage available. iCloud storage starts at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month, and you can purchase additional storage directly from your Apple device. Learn more about prices in your region.
Click the Optimize button, then choose from these options.
- Automatically remove watched movies and TV shows. When storage space is needed, movies or TV shows that you purchased from the iTunes Store and already watched are removed from your Mac. Click the download icon next to a movie or TV show to download it again.
- Download only recent attachments. Mail automatically downloads only the attachments that you recently received. You can manually download any attachments at any time by opening the email or attachment, or saving the attachment to your Mac.
- Don't automatically download attachments. Mail downloads an attachment only when you open the email or attachment, or save the attachment to your Mac.
Optimizing storage for movies, TV shows, and email attachments doesn't require iCloud storage space.
Empty Trash Automatically
Empty Trash Automatically permanently deletes files that have been in the Trash for more than 30 days.
Reduce Clutter helps you to identify large files and files you might no longer need. Click the Review Files button, then choose any of the file categories in the sidebar, such as Applications, Documents, Music Creation, or Trash.
You can delete the files in some categories directly from this window. Other categories show the total storage space used by the files in each app. You can then open the app and decide whether to delete files from within it.
Macbook Cleaning App
Learn how to redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books.
Where to find the settings for each feature
The button for each recommendation in the Storage Management window affects one or more settings in other apps. You can also control those settings directly within each app.
- If you're using macOS Catalina, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then select iCloud in the sidebar: Store in iCloud turns on the Optimize Mac Storage setting on the right. Then click Options next to iCloud Drive: Store in iCloud turns on the Desktop & Documents Folders setting. To turn off iCloud Drive entirely, deselect iCloud Drive.
In macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Options next to iCloud Drive. Store in iCloud turns on the Desktop & Documents Folders and Optimize Mac Storage settings.
- In Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then click iCloud. Store in iCloud selects iCloud Photos and Optimize Mac Storage.
- In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Store in iCloud selects Enable Messages in iCloud.
- If you're using macOS Catalina, open the Apple TV app, choose TV > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Files. Optimize Storage selects “Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows.”
In macOS Mojave or earlier, open iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced. Optimize Storage selects “Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows.”
- In Mail, choose Mail > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Accounts. In the Account Information section on the right, Optimize Storage sets the Download Attachments menu to either Recent or None.
Empty Trash Automatically: From the Finder, choose Finder > Preferences, then click Advanced. Empty Trash Automatically selects “Remove items from the Trash after 30 days.”
Other ways that macOS helps automatically save space
Mac Cleanup Apps
With macOS Sierra or later, your Mac automatically takes these additional steps to save storage space:
- Detects duplicate downloads in Safari, keeping only the most recent version of the download
- Reminds you to delete used app installers
- Removes old fonts, languages, and dictionaries that aren't being used
- Clears caches, logs, and other unnecessary data when storage space is needed
How to free up storage space manually
Even without using the Optimized Storage features of Sierra or later, you can take other steps to make more storage space available:
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. Learn how to delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device.
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. The Downloads folder is good place to look for files that you might no longer need.
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
- Delete unneeded email: In the Mail app, choose Mailbox > Erase Junk Mail. If you no longer need the email in your Trash mailbox, choose Mailbox > Erase Deleted Items.
- The Storage pane of About This Mac is the best way to determine the amount of storage space available on your Mac. Disk Utility and other apps might show storage categories such as Not Mounted, VM, Recovery, Other Volumes, Free, or Purgeable. Don't rely on these categories to understand how to free up storage space or how much storage space is available for your data.
- When you duplicate a file on an APFS-formatted volume, that file doesn't use additional storage space on the volume. Deleting a duplicate file frees up only the space required by any data you might have added to the duplicate. If you no longer need any copies of the file, you can recover all of the storage space by deleting both the duplicate and the original file.
- If you're using a pro app and Optimize Mac Storage, learn how to make sure that your projects are always on your Mac and able to access their files.