We all have so much to organize in both our work lives and our personal lives. And while paper calendars can be useful, it’s impractical to carry them everywhere we go. So in 2020, it’s essential that we all use at least one calendar app.
- Top Android Apps Free
- App Store For Laptop Free
- Best File Transfer App For Mac To Android
- To Do App For Mac And Android
- Online Android App Store
- App For Mac To Android Windows 10
- Apple Store For Windows 10
But with so many on the market, how do you choose? To help you out, we’ve tested dozens of calendar apps on a range of devices and platforms. In this article, we’ve explained the 12 best calendar apps in 2020, that we truly think are truly best in class & functionality.
While they all take different approaches and offer different features, all the apps on this list are easy to use, stable, and robust. Plus, each of them offers a few standout features that distinguish them from the rest of the pack.
Download the app. Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg. Drag Android File Transfer to Applications. Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac. Double click Android File Transfer. Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files. Start playing Android Games on Mac or Install Google Play Store and use any android apps on Mac. Bluestacks for Mac. As always, Bluestacks is one of the industry leaders in the Android Emulator industry. If you ask anyone do you know anything about Android Emulator, that person first may tell about Bluestacks. Because Bluestacks is famous as. MacDroid is your Android file transfer application to send photos, videos, music and folders between your Mac computer and your Android device connected via USB.
Table of Contents
- Best Cross-Platform Calendar Apps
- Best Calendar Apps for iOS & Mac
- Best Calendar Apps for Windows
- Best Mobile-ONLY Calendar Apps
Best Calendar Apps of 2020
Check out our list of the best calendar apps below, and find out which ones are best suited to your personal needs.
Best Cross-Platform Calendar Apps
1. Google Calendar
The best calendar app for GSuite users & in-general use
Google Calendar is free, easy to use, and allows you to plan your life, seamlessly, across all your devices.
Most suitable for: Anyone using G Suite for Business, or using Google apps regularly.
Platforms: iOS, Mac OS, Android OS, web browser
- Easy to set up and use: Google Calendar is very simple to set up and use, and lets you access your calendars on all of your devices easily and quickly; especially if they’re already logged into Google.
- Browse Calendars of Interest: Google Calendar includes prepared lists of dates, such as sporting events and religious holidays, to drag and drop to your calendar at will.
- Add events from Gmail: With Google Calendar, whenever you receive event invitations via Gmail, they’re added to your calendar automatically. Here’s how they’ll look in your Google Calendar:
- Integration with other apps: Millions of apps or websites are already integrated with Google Calendar. So whether you’re using a To-Do list app or a flight reservations service, you’ll be able to add tasks, bookings, etc, without leaving the app or site.
Also, with a single click, you can now add a Google Meet Video Conferencing link to your Google Calendar event. Doing so, keep your attendees well informed about the meeting link and description while you send out the invitation via Google Calendar.
Works with Automate.io
Automate.io can help you connect your apps with Google Calendar in many useful ways. For example, you might want to create Google Calendar events from rows on Google Spreadsheet or update a card in Trello when a Google Calendar event is modified.
Best Calendar App for arranging meetings
Woven is a calendar app specifically designed to help business people arranging meetings and other events with others.
Most suitable for: Busy professionals
Platforms: iOS, Mac, Windows, Web
For the Woven app, the mobile view doesn’t show the calendar view with each day but does show key dates and recent updates from your plan.
- Smart Templates: Most professionals have meetings where the details repeat often; for instance, perhaps your marketing meetings always take place in the same building and room. Smart Templates let you create a template for these meeting types, to save you entering the same information each time.
- Scheduling Links: Scheduling Calendar feature allows people to agree on a meeting time without having to get involved in endless email discussions. Instead, you just share a special scheduling link. Guests click on the link and select the most convenient time from those you offer.
- Availability Sharing: The Availability Sharing feature allows other people to see if you are free or busy at a specific time, without letting them see all the contents of your calendar.
- Group Polls: Group Polls are one further way of agreeing the time of a meeting collectively. Once you activate your poll, Woven collects the votes, and reports back the results, leaving you to make the final decision on when to schedule the meeting.
The best calendar app for your personal life
TimeTree brings together your work and social calendars to help friends and relatives share information and keep track of what everyone is doing.
Most suitable for: Couples, families or small groups
Platforms: iOS, Android OS, web browser
Vmware server for mac os x. N View Client for Mac OS X 1.4 and 1.5: Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Mac OS X Lion (10.7) View Connection Server, Security Server, and View Agent Latest maintenance release of VMware View 4.6.x and later releases. Run Nearly Any Operating System on a Mac. Running Windows on Mac is only the beginning. VMware Fusion lets you choose from hundreds of supported operating systems, from lesser-known Linux distributions to the latest Windows 10 release, or even macOS, to run side by side with the latest macOS release on your desktop. Note: As per Apple's Software License Agreement for macOS Sierra, Apple will permit you to virtualize up to two instances of macOS Server, so long as it is run on Apple-branded hardware. Download macOS Unlocker for VMware Workstation 11/12/14/15; Mac OS X Yosemite on VMware. Before going to create a VMware virtual machine. Firstly, you need to download the Mac OS X Yosemite DMG file, then after the downloading is done, therefore, you will see that the file is compressed.
- Contextual calendars: Whenever you create a new calendar, you’re asked whether it’s for personal, family, friends, work, relationship, or group use. This categorization really helps to keep the different aspects of your life organized.
- Chat rooms: TimeTree encourages collaboration, so each event you create is given its own chat room, to allow comments, ideas, questions, and images to be exchanged.
- Map of the event in the view: TimeTree allows you to add locations to each event, and automatically pulls in a Maps view.
- Undecided dates: If you want to plan an event, but don’t want to commit to a date as yet, the ‘Keep’ tab lets you create and store an event to be worked out later on. You can store To-do lists and simple notes around these events.
4. My Study Life
The best calendar app for education
A calendar created specifically for anyone studying or working in education, My Study Life makes it easy to plan your educational activities around the academic year, including classes, exams, holidays, and term times.
Most suitable for: Students and teachers
Platforms: iPhone, Android OS, Windows 8, Chrome, web browser
- Add academic schedules: The minute you open up the app, you’re prompted to add the dates for your academic year, term times, and holidays. This is all incorporated into your calendar automatically, saving you a lot of time.
- Add classes: You don’t have to add every date of each class manually. Just tell My Study Life how your schedule works – for example, class times, start and end dates – and it will work out the rest. My Study Life makes adding classes much easier than with a normal calendar app.
- Add holidays: When you add holidays to your schedule, not only can you see which days you have off but you can also shift rotation schedules. Usefully, you won’t get reminded about your classes while you’re on holiday.
- Track your homework and revision: Often you’ll start a study task but not finish it the same day. So My Study Life lets you specify how much of a task has been completed. You can also set reminders for unfinished assignments.
Below is the clean mobile view of the My Study Life Calendar app:
Best Calendar Apps for iOS & Mac
5. Apple Calendar
A powerful and lightweight calendar app for iOS and Mac
Installed for free on Mac and iOS, Apple Calendar is a great option for keeping your calendars synced across all your Apple devices.
Most suitable for: Apple users.
Platforms: macOS, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
- Built into Apple: Apple Calendar is pre-installed on all Apple devices, so there’s nothing to download, and it’s easy to sync your calendars across all of them. Plus, you can view and update your calendars via the iCloud web app.
- Clean and simple design: The beauty of Apple Calendar lies in its simplicity. As with almost all Apple software, the interface is super-elegant, the features work smoothly and the app is very intuitive to use.
- Colour coding: Apple Calendar allows you to create multiple calendars for different areas of your life, and color-code them accordingly. That way, you can glance across your work, family, and personal events without fuss.
- Travel Time: Travel Time calculates when you need to leave for an event based on the likely length of your journey, using Apple Maps, and what mode of transportation you’ll be using to get there. Apple Calendar syncs with Apple Maps, although not with Google Maps.
6. Fantastical 3
The best calendar app for Mac
Fantastical 3 has long been the best calendar app for Mac, and the latest version brings even more improvements.
Most suitable for: Mac power users.
Pricing: $4.99 a month
Platforms: macOS, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
- Streamlined interface: While Apple Calendar is nice and simple, Fantastical (now on version 3) has an even better looking and more streamlined interface, particularly on desktop and iPad.
- Events and tasks templates: You may have a recurring event or task that doesn’t always happen at the same time; eg, you visit the dentist every six months, but not always on the same day. For this, Fantastical lets you create templates to save you adding all the information each time.
- Weather forecast: When you attach a location to an event, weather forecast information, up to 10 days ahead, is automatically pulled in, and updated on a minute-by-minute basis.
- Event time proposal management: Need to get people to agree a time for an event, such as a meeting? Fantastical 3 lets you suggest multiple dates and time options in an invite email. Invitees don’t have to reply to the email (saving your inbox getting cluttered), but just click on the options within it. If there are date and time that works for all of them, that’s set and added to your calendar automatically.
A very customizable Mac calendar app for business use
BusyCal is a Mac calendar app aimed at people who need to stay on top of a lot of events, meetings, and tasks. Its flexible and customizable features allow you to do so with the minimum of effort.
Most suitable for: Busy professionals
Platforms: macOS (iOS app sold separately)
- Customizable views: BusyCal doesn’t just offer day, week, month, year, and list views; it lets you customize these views precisely. For instance, you can choose the number of weeks shown in the month view and the number of days shown in the week view.
- Customizable info panel: Redesigned for version 3, the info panel that appears in the sidebar helps you view and edit event details quickly and easily. And if you want it to show different information than the presets, the panel itself also customizable.
- Integrated To-Dos: To-Dos are integrated into your calendar, display on the date they are due, and carry forward until completed. Alternatively, you can add Timed To-Dos, which are set to occur at a specific time of day.
- Travel Time: Similar to the Apple Calendar, BusyCal has the Travel Time feature to let you block out time for travel to an event or location. You can add your own estimate for how long to block out, or ask Location Services and Apple Maps to calculate it automatically. With this, you can ensure to build enough space into your schedule to get places on time.
Best Calendar Apps for Windows
8. Microsoft Outlook Calendar
The best calendar app for Windows and Outlook users
Outlook Calendar ties in nicely with both Windows and Outlook, and helps these systems work together efficiently and seamlessly.
Most suitable for: Windows and Outlook users.
Platforms:Web browser, Windows, Windows Phone, Android, iOS
- Integration into Windows and Outlook: Outlook Calendar is integrated smoothly into Windows and Outlook. So if you use either, you’ll find Outlook Calendar very simple to use. For example, in your Outlook email inbox, you can launch Outlook Calendar from the icon in the bottom left-hand corner.
- View side-by-side calendars: Outlook lets you view multiple calendars side-by-side, as well as calendars shared with you by other Outlook users. You can also view calendars on top of one another in the overlay view. Outlook Calendar lets you create multiple calendars and control their look and feel.
- Share only part of a calendar: Outlook Calendar allows you to share your calendar via email without sharing everything. The other person can open it in Outlook, but you control how much information they can see.
- Manage another user’s calendar: With the Delegate Access feature, you can manage another person’s Outlook Calendar once they give you permission. A personal assistant, for example, would be able to create, move, or delete appointments on their employer’s calendar.
Best calendar app for Windows users & managing multiple calendars
OneCalendar is a great way to manage multiple calendars from different providers, bringing them all together in one, beautifully designed place.
Most suitable for: Windows power users.
Pricing: From free
Platforms: Windows 10, Windows, Windows Mobile, Android
- View all your calendars at once: OneCalendar lets you pull in calendars from a range of platforms, including Google, Live, Outlook, iCloud, Exchange, Office365, Facebook, and more.
- Multiple views: OneCalendar offers a variety of ways to view your calendars, including day view, week view, month view, year view, and list view. We especially like how all the views display week numbers.
- Customize your calendars: OneCalendar lets you choose different colors for each calendar, and select different colors for specific appointments.
- Lock screen and glance screen: To save time, you can quickly view all your upcoming appointments on the lock screen. For Windows Mobile, they can also be shown on Glance.
Best Mobile-ONLY Calendar Apps
The best calendar app for android users to customize calendars
If you’re an Android user but don’t like the way Google Calendar displays your information, then ACalendar can let you customize how your calendar looks, in several different ways.
Most suitable for: Android users.
Platforms: Android OS
- Easy interface: ACalendar’s interface is brilliantly intuitive. Switching between day, week, month, and agenda view using swipe and tap feels so natural that there’s virtually no learning curve.
- Colors: Many calendar apps only offer a limited range of colors, but ACalendar provides a generous 48 colors for each case type.
- Synchronized photos: ACalendar allows you to synchronize photos from your contact lists and social networks, to add an extra visual reminder on your calendar for birthdays, anniversaries, and other special days.
Special mention to its Charity donation: When you upgrade to a paid-for version of ACalendar, the makers of ACalendar will donate 10% to environmental groups such as the World Land Trust and the Rainforest Trust.
11. Calendars 5
Calendar app for iOS users to view events at-a-glance
Calendars 5 is a powerful, feature-rich calendar app that’s comparable to Fantastical, for iPhone and iPad.
Most suitable for: iOS users.
Pricing: $2.99 for 3 month subscription; $8.99 one-time purchase
- Natural language input: Natural language processing makes adding events easier. For instance, if you just type “Meet Tom at Starbucks on Sunday”, the event will be created automatically.
- Drag and drop to reschedule: Calendars 5 lets you reschedule events with drag and drop. You can do this online and offline.
- Set up to five reminders: You can set up to five reminders for an important event like a meeting, dinner, or a birthday, by alarm or email.
- Timeline view: The simplified Timeline view just shows you colored dots for events and colored checkboxes for reminders. This is great for getting a quick sense of your day at a glance.
The most suitable calendar app for family activities
Cozi is specifically designed to help everyone in your family to keep track of each other and take part in activities together.
Most suitable for: Families
Pricing: From free
Top Android Apps Free
Platforms: iOS, Android OS
- Family schedules in one place: Your color-coded calendar make it easy to see the whole family’s schedules at once, or to filter by an individual. Reminders go out to each member of the family so that everyone stays on track.
- Shopping lists: Create online shopping lists that all the family can access, and add to. You can cross items off the list, and add others, whenever you like. You can also email your shopping lists to other people outside of your family.
- Recipe Box: Save recipes from the ‘Cozi Picks’ tab, and transfer the ingredients into your shopping lists. You can also drag and drop recipes onto specific days in your calendar to help with your weekly meal planning.
- Family Journal: The Family Journal feature allows you to write quick notes and store photos, to help build up a store of memories that you can look back on in years to come. You can share your journal updates via email or as a private family website.
Final Thoughts on Choosing the Best Calendar App
So, that was all about the 12 Best Calendar Apps of 2020 based on the ease of use, pricing, platforms they support, best features that make them stand-out, and who is it the most suitable for. To sum it up for you, the below infographic can give you all this at a glance.
Just plugged in a USB cable to get your Android phone or tablet connected to Mac, but nothing happened? That's true. Mac can't detect and recognize Android phone or tablet, let alone mount it as an external hard drive. In case like this, is it possible to transfer music, playlists, movies, photos and other files to and from your Android phone or tablet on Mac? How can you do it?
Well, to use Android on Mac, you can draw support from some third-party tools. Here are 3 of them: Wondershare TunesGo for Android, Android file transfer and Samsung Kies for Mac. In the part 1, I'd like to introduce the 3 software to you in details.
Part 1. 3 Software to Easily Connect Android to Mac
1. Wondershare TunesGo for Android (Mac)
Just jump ship from iPhone, iPad or iPod to an Android device, like Google Nexus 5, but have stored tons of songs, movies in iTunes which you don't want to leave behind? Like using iTunes to manage all your media files and eager to import playlists and videos from your Android device to it for playing? If that's what you want, Wondershare TunesGo for Android (Mac) is the best software for you. It's easy-to-use software, which lets you sync media files between iTunes/Mac and Android device without any hassle.
App Store For Laptop Free
- Sync entire iTunes library to Android with a single click
- Sync or drag and drop selected songs, playlists, movies and more from iTunes to Android.
- Transfer Android media files to iTunes as easy as pie.
- Copy music, videos, document files and photos from Mac to Android by dragging and dropping.
Connection way: It lets your Android device connected to Mac with an Android USB cable.
- It has a brief interface.
- You are skilled at using it even at your first try.
- It supports 2000 + Android devices, including Samsung, Sony, Google, HTC, Motorola, LG, HUAWEI and more.
- It's fully compatible with Android (from Android 2.1 to Android 7.0).
- It's not free.
2. Android file transfer
Android file transfer is created by Google, mainly used for you to manage your Android device on Mac freely. It can mount your Android device as an external hard drive, so you can transfer data from Android to Mac and vice versa.
- Mount your Android device as an external hard drive.
- Open any folder or file saved on the SD card of your Android device.
- Transfer music, video, photos and document files to and from Mac.
Connection way: It allows connecting Android to Mac via an Android USB cable.
- It's free.
- You have easy access to the SD card of your Android device.
- It can't be used when Samsung Kies is installed.
- It often fails to detect your Android device.
- It only support Android 3.0 and up.
3. Samsung Kies 3 for Mac
Samsung Kies 3 for Mac is created by Samsung, to help you manage your Samsung device on Mac for free. With it, you can transfer contacts, music, video and contacts to and from your Android device, backup and restore phone data and upgrade firmware.
- Import and export music, video, contacts, photos and podcasts.
- Backup contents on your Samsung device to Mac and restore safely.
- Purchase apps from Galaxy Apps to your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Upgrade the latest firmware for your Samsung device.
Connection way: It connects Android phone to Mac with a USB cable.
- It's totally free.
- It has many salient features for you to manage your Samsung device.
Best File Transfer App For Mac To Android
- It only support Samsung device.
- It often fails to connect your Samsung device.
Part 2. Step-by-step Guide for USB Tethering of Android to Mac
To Do App For Mac And Android
You can tether your Android device with your Mac and for that you will have to use third-party application. Here I used HoRNDIS as the third party application. You can download the latest version of HoRNDIS.
After downloading it, you should install it on your Mac and then connect your Android phone to the Mac using data cable. Now from the notification menu enter Settings on your android device.
Online Android App Store
Then go to Wireless & Networks on your device as shown on the left side of the above picture where you will have to touch on Tethering & Portable Hotspot. Then a new menu will appear as the picture on right side. As shown there Select USB TETHERING and then your Android device will be tethered with Mac. Remember, you must be connected to a data or wifi network to make this work.
App For Mac To Android Windows 10
Android Manager - One Stop Solution to Manage Your Mobile Lifestyle
Apple Store For Windows 10
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS etc. to computer and restore them easily
- Manage, export&import your Contacts and SMS, deduplicate Contacts, reply SMS with computer
- One-click Root - root your Android phones/tablets to take full control of your device
- Phone to Phone Transfer - transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS between two mobiles ( both Android and iPhone are supported)
- App Manager - Install, uninstall, import or backup Apps in batch
- Gif Maker - create Gif from photos, motion photos, videos
- iTunes Manager - Sync iTunes Music to Android or transfer music from Android to iTunes
- Fully compatible with 3000+ Android devices (Android 2.2 - Android 8.0) from Samsung, LG, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, Sony etc.