In this article, we will discuss the best photo organizing software to Mac to manage digital images.
Sweet memories fade with time, but when captured in images, they stay with you forever. If you are fond of taking pictures, you must have a collection of hundreds and thousands of photos. Capturing moments is fun but organizing them can be an arduous task. However, if you have a photo management app for your Mac, things could get a lot easier. To know about some of them, read on!
Picasais another great solution for viewing images on Windows and Mac (Intel only). The photo viewer is able to import images in a fully automated process and put photos in chronological order. You can you can create folders, use tags, categorize by collection and share your Picasa Web Albums. You can also create collaborative photo albums. Xee is an streamlined and convenient image viewer and browser. It is similar to Mac OS X's Preview.app, but lets you easily browse the entire contents of folders and archives, move and copy image files quickly, and supports many more image formats. Xee for Mac features a. FastStone Image Viewer by FastStone Soft is one of the most widely-used image viewers that supports almost any possible graphics format. Despite the fact that the software is highly popular, there is still no chance of getting FastStone Image Viewer for Mac. Pictureflect Photo Viewer is a folder-based image viewing app with minimalist feel designed to: - easily show your photos in fullscreen with a manual or timed slideshow - review your photos with a clean interface, fast load, and a range of zoom options - crop, resize and convert (individually or in bulk), rotate, apply filters/effects and print pictures - integrate videos and transition.
Top 5 Best Photo Management Software for Mac To Organize Digital Photos
Organizing photos can be fun when you have a third-party app on your Mac. We have listed some of the best photo management apps for Mac.
1. CyberLink PhotoDirector 365
Cyberlink PhotoDirector 365 is a photo management tool that not only helps you to organize your photos in a neat manner but also provides advanced editing tools. Let’s take a look at the features of the CyberLink PhotoDirector 365:
- To manage your photos, you can categorize them with keyword tags, star ratings, smart collections, color coding, and flags.
- The software can automatically arrange your photos on the basis of on composition, frame, time or date or you can manually organize them by simply dragging and dropping.
- You can share both digital and hard copy photos with your friends. Moreover, you can create slideshows and upload them to YouTube.
2. Adobe Photoshop Elements 15
Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 is a simpler and efficient way of organizing your photos on Mac.
Let’s take a look at the features of the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15:
- With Auto Curate feature, your photos are organized according to the image quality, faces, subjects, Smart Tags and more which makes searching for images easier.
- The software suggests you use Smart tags to your photos so that you can find the photos easily later on.
- It also allows you to fix multiple photos at a time.
3. AfterShot Pro 2
AfterShot Pro 2 helps you in organizing and viewing all your photo collection in one place making it one of the best photo Management apps for Mac. Let’s check out all the features of AfterShot Pro 2:
- You can edit and make other changes to one or many photos at once with powerful batch processing controls.
- The powerful search tools, star ratings, and other tools help you quickly find photos no matter what is the size of your photo collections.
- You can easily compare, filter and select your best photos from n number of similar looking photos
One of the best photo management apps for Mac, Unbound helps you efficiently manage your photos according to your needs. Let’s take a look at the features of the Unbound:
- You can use albums to categorize your photos. With instant search, you can locate any album within a few clicks.
- The app can play slideshows, display EXIF information and can also use GPS location data to display photos on a map.
- Unbound can sync your albums to your iPhone, iPad or other Macs with the help of Dropbox. So that you can upload and organize your photos from any of the devices.
5. Phase One MediaPro1
Another photo organizing software in our list is “Phase One MediaPro1”. It is a good choice if you love to keep your photo collection organized and managed. Let’s go through the features of the Phase One MediaPro1:
- It allows you to handle photos in batch whether it is editing or renaming.
- The app allows you to convert your RAW format images to JPEG or PNG, BMP and more to make it easy to share it across.
- It has an auto-sort feature which uses metadata annotations to sort photos.
So, these are some of the best photo management software for Mac which you can use to Organize your digital photos on your Mac Computer. Try them and let us know which worked for you.
If you have other photo organizing software in your mind that should be in the list please mention in comment section below.
If you are looking for a free HEIC viewer for your Windows or Mac machine, our post below lists some of the best viewer apps for you to view HEIC files on your computers. Read on to find out all the HEIC viewer apps.
Best Image Viewer For Mac Os
While JPG, PNG, and many other image formats are widely supported on most desktop platforms and almost all the image viewers can open them, the same does not hold true for the HEIC images. Ever since Apple made HEIC as the default image format on its devices, people have constantly been looking for apps that can let them view this file type.
Fortunately, we have some HEIC viewers that should allow you to open this file format on both your Windows PCs and Mac machines. These HEIC viewers for Mac and Windows will easily open any file that ends with .heic extension. Let’s check these apps out in the following post.
Top 5 Free HEIC Viewer for Windows and Mac Review
1. iMobie HEIC Converter
HEIC Viewer #1 – AnyGet HEIC Viewer
If you want something that acts as both – a Windows and Mac HEIC viewer – iMobie HEIC Converter is the one for you. It is a web-based app that allows you to upload your HEIC files for them to be converted into the JPG format. Once the files are converted, they can be opened in any of the image viewers you have got on your machines.
The app is so great that it makes your hard-to-view HEIC files compatible with almost all the platforms out there. You would rarely find a device that does not support the JPG format.
Xee Image Viewer
Some of the features you get with the app are:
- Conversion to the most popular image format – JPG.
- Retain the quality of your image after conversion.
- Easy to upload your multiple HEIC files.
- Preserve the EXIF data for your images.
Here’s where it falls short:
- It does not let you view HEIC files without an Internet connection.
If you do not wish to install one more app just to view HEIC files on your computer, use AnyGet HEIC Viewer to view HEIC files without installing anything. It works right off your web browser.
2. Google Photos
Google Photos is a photo management service by Google that lets you upload and organize your photos on the web. The company knows users upload photos in various formats and so it has support for almost all the image formats out there including HEIC.
In order to use the service as a HEIC viewer, all you need to do is head over to their website and upload your HEIC photos. Soon as the photos are uploaded, you will be able to view them like any other images.
The pros of the app are:
- Bulk upload your HEIC files.
- It works on mobile devices as well.
- It provides 15GB of free storage.
The service has the following disadvantages as well:
- You need to pay if you exceed your free storage limit.
- It will not work without the Internet.
If you want access to your HEIC files on your smartphones as well, then Google Photos is an ideal solution for you.
Media player downloads for mac. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +. Devices and Mac OS X version. VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases. Powered by the open source media player mpv, IINA can play almost every media file you have. With the support of youtube-dl and our browser extensions, you can also play a. Free Mac Media Player is the best video player for Mac users. You can use it to playback videos in MP4/AVI/MKV/MOV/FLV/WMV and other formats smoothly. Therefore, whether you have downloaded videos from YouTube, or downloaded flash videos from other sites, or recorded videos with your camcorder, you can playback them all with this video player.
HEIC Viewer #3 – Dropbox
Dropbox is yet another service where people upload and share their files including HEIC files. Keeping the users’ needs in mind, the service now allows you to view HEIC files on your Windows and Mac machines right in the Dropbox app.
All the HEIC files that you upload in your Dropbox account instantly become viewable on all of your devices regardless of whether they have the HEIC support or not.
Here’s what it has to offer you:
- Instantly view HEIC files on your computers.
- Works on both Windows and Mac machines.
Best Images Viewer For Mac Computers
Here are the cons of the service:
- It only offers 2GB of storage which runs out soon.
- If you do not mind paying a monthly fee to Dropbox for more storage space, Dropbox can be a good HEIC viewer for your Windows 10 and all of your other desktop machines.
4. HEIC to JPG
HEIC to JPG is yet another web-based app that lets you view your HEIC files by first converting them to a popular image format. All it requires you to do is go to their website, upload your files, and download the converted files to your computer.
It may not be an exact HEIC viewer but it gets the job done. Here are the advantages of using the app:
- It works right off the browser so you don’t need to install it
- It supports drag and drop.
Free Photo Viewer For Mac
Here are the disadvantages of using the app:
- You can only upload 50 files at a time.
- You may have privacy issues as you don’t know where your files go after they are uploaded.
If privacy is not a big concern for you, then HEIC to JPG is a worth-using app.
5. Phiewer Image Viewer
HEIC Viewer #5 – Phiewer Image Viewer
Image viewer apps are gradually adding support for the HEIC file format and Phiewer Image Viewer is one of the apps that has done it already. It supports viewing HEIC files by default and you can view your files with a few keystrokes using the app on your machine.
The following are the advantages of using the app:
- It has support for multiple image formats including HEIC.
- It lets you view EXIF data as well.
- You can view your HEIC files in a slideshow.
Disadvantages of the app are:
- It only works on Mac.
- The free version has limited features.
If you want an app with built-in support for HEIC, Phiewer Image Viewer is a good HEIC viewer for your Mac.
The Bottom Line
There may be a number of free HEIC viewers in the market but many of those come with ads and a lot of other items that clutter the interface. Our roundup above covers some of the nice HEIC viewers for you to view HEIC on your computers.