|Initial release||0.01 (2005-06-02)|
|Stable release||0.07 (December 24, 2007; 12 years ago) [±]|
|Preview release||0.08 (r2051) (February 7, 2013; 7 years ago) [±]|
|Written in||Objective-C Cocoa|
|Operating system||macOS10.4+ (Tiger and above)|
|Available in||Multiple Languages|
Another great entrant on our roundup, QMIDI V2.0 is a lucrative option if you are searching for a karaoke player that plays multiple file formats on your Mac device. With the tools of QMIDI V2.0 at your command, you can not only edit various chords and lyrics of songs that you have loaded onto it, but also have some awesome karaoke fun on the go. Sep 23, 2020 Pine Player is an exclusive music player for music lovers. It can play almost all existing digital audio formats such as MP3, FLAC, APE, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF, OGG, WMA, DSD, etc., and it also has a strong playback capability for listening to CUE files in the most convenient way. Mac only: Open source media player Cog aims to be the anti-iTunes: it is a simple, one-playlist, folder-browsing media player for OS X that supports many features missing from iTunes, including. Cog for Mac, free and safe download. Cog latest version: Lightweight audio player for a wide number of formats.
Do i need antivirus for my mac. Cog is an open sourceaudio player for macOS. The basic layout is a single-paned playlist interface with two retractable drawers, one for navigating the user's music folders and another for viewing audio file properties, like bitrate. Along with supporting most audio formats compatible with macOS's Core Audio API, Cog supports a wide array of other audio formats, along with their metadata, which are otherwise unsupported on macOS.
In April 2006, Cog joined other Mac OS X audio software Tag and Max in an effort by the respective authors to consolidate Mac OS X open source audio software on the internet. Subsequently, the Cog website was redesigned to Tag and Max's website design, and its forums were also moved to the Tag and Max Forums. In July 2007, Cog moved to its own separate forums shortly before the release of version 0.06. Last build been created in 2013.
As the original project appears to be abandoned, with the website last updated in 2008, there are now several forks of the project maintained by others. In 2013, Christopher Snowhill started a fork and continues to maintain and develop it as of 2020. In 2015, MacRumors user Vivo made a new audio player Phonix, which is based on original Cog code.
- Last.fm support
- Growl support
- Global hotkeys
- File drawer
- Info drawer
- Smart shuffle
- Feedback form
- Automatic Updates (choice of Stable, Nightly, or Unstable)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
- Video game music formats (NSF, GBS, GYM, SPC, VGM, HES, etc.)
- tracker formats (IT, S3M, XM, MOD, etc.)
- ID3 v1.0, 1.1, 2.3+
- FLAC tags
Known Issues for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard
- Playlist issues including 'invisible playlist'
- Unattended cross-fade at random times
Cog Player For Macbook
- ^Cog - News. Cogx.org. Retrieved on 2013-12-09.
- ^Cog - Features. Cogx.org. Retrieved on 2013-12-09.
- ^sbooth.org • View topic - Relationship between Play and Cog?. Forums.sbooth.org (2007-02-12). Retrieved on 2013-12-09.
- ^macrumors.com • View topic - Phonix - Free macOS music player. Forums.macrumors.com (2015-06-18). Retrieved on 2018-06-21.
|Look up cog in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- A cog is a tooth of a gear or cogwheel or the gear itself.
- Rear sprocket of a bicycle.
- Cog (ship), a type of sailboat from the 10th century onward.
Cog, COG, or CoG may also refer to:
Science and engineering
- Center of gravity, a spatial point related to an object's center of mass
- Cluster of Orthologous Groups of proteins; see Sequence homology and MicrobesOnline
- Conserved oligomeric Golgi complex, that includes COG2, COG4, etc.
- INSEE code (also code officiel géographique), a numerical indexing code used by the French National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies
- Mount Washington Cog Railway, the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway
- OpenCog, a project that aims to build an open source artificial general intelligence framework
Entertainment and media
- C.O.G., a 2013 American drama
- 'The Changing of the Guard' (The Twilight Zone), a 1962 episode of the TV series The Twilight Zone
- 'Cog' (advertisement), a British television and cinema advertisement launched by Honda
- Star Wars Jedi Quest 8: The Changing of the Guard, the eighth book in the Star Wars Jedi Quest series by Jude Watson
- Coalition of Ordered Governments, a fictional organization from the Gears of War series
- Cogs, the fictional antagonists in the MMORPG Toontown Online
- Cogs, the fictional foot soldiers of Power Rangers'Machine Empire
- Cog (band), an Australian progressive rock band
- 'Changing of the Guards', a single from Bob Dylan's 1978 album Street-Legal
- The Changing of the Guard (album), 2010 album by indie rock band Starflyer 59
- 'Change of the Guard', a song from Steely Dan's 1972 album Can't Buy a Thrill
- 'Changing of the Guard', a song from Exodus' 1990 album Impact Is Imminent
- Canberra Ornithologists Group, an Australian ornithological organization
- Children's Oncology Group, a National Cancer Institute supported clinical trials group
- Church of God (disambiguation), a name used by numerous, mostly unrelated Christian denominational bodies
- Council of governments, regional bodies that exist throughout the United States
- Covenant of the Goddess, a cross-traditional Wiccan group
- The ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code for Republic of the Congo
- Cog (software), an open source audio player for Mac OS X
- Cog (project), a project at the Humanoid Robotics Group of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Continuity of government, defined procedures that allow a government to continue its essential operations in case of catastrophe
- Changing of the Guard (or Guard Mounting), a formal ceremony in which sentries are relieved by their replacements
- Course over ground, the actual path followed by a vessel from A to B as determined by its course
- Change of gauge (disambiguation), with various senses in the airline and rail industries
- C0G, an EIA Class 1 dielectric material with the lowest capacitance/temperature dependence
- Coq, in computer science, Coq is an interactive theorem prover