Aug 28,2019 • Filed to: Video Downloader and Recorder • Proven solutions
Internet Download Manager is a popular video downloader tool. However, Internet Download Manager for Mac is not available. So if you are using a Mac, you need to look for an altneriave to Internet Download Manager to download videos on Mac. Below we help you to pick up the best IDM for Mac alternative to download videos on Mac with ease.
Title: Free Download Manager for Mac 22.214.171.12474 for Mac File size: 68.16 MB Requirements: Mac OS X; Language: English Available languages: English, Japanese. DownThemAll!, Neat Download Manager for Mac, and Folx are probably your best bets out of the 9 options considered. 'Increase download speeds' is the primary reason people pick DownThemAll! Over the competition. This page is powered by a knowledgeable community that. Internet download manager for mac free download - Internet Download Manager, Free Internet Download Manager, Free Download Manager, and many more programs. Apple Mac OS Update 8.1. For Mac OS X (Folx, iGetter, JDownloader Leech, Progressive Downloader, Speed Download and wxDFast.). wxDownload Fast for Mac OS X is currently available in source form only FlashGot turns every supported download manager into a download manager for Firefox!
The Best Alternative for Internet Download Manager on Mac (macOS Mojave)
iTube HD Video Downloader is the best Internet Download Manager for Mac alternative available on the web, with a very friendly and intuitive interface, fast downloading speed, and a lot of cool features.
iTube HD Video Downloader - IDM for Mac Alternative
- Allow you to download videos from YouTube, VEVO, Metacafe and 10,000+ websites.
- It is really fast (30X), and support 4K UHD videos, full HD videos download.
- This alternative to Internet Download Manager for Mac is also a video converter and organizer.
- It allows multiple videos download, playback modes, resume playback, task scheduling, and more.
- You can preset to iPhone, Android, Game console, web and many other formats.
- Instantly transfer videos to your Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
How to Download Videos on Mac (macOS High Sierra, Sierra Included)
Step 1. Download IDM for Mac Alternative，
First, download the program on your Mac. And drag the program file to the 'Applications' folder to install the program on your Mac. This program will launch automatically when the installation completed.
Step 2. Download Online Videos on Mac
With this program, you will get three different ways to download your favorite YouTube videos. After you get your videos played on your Mac by Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, you can start to download as following guides:
1) On the video window, you will get a 'Download' button. You can just click it to download video.
Copy the video URL and you can click the Paste URL button on the main interface of the program to download video.
You can drag the URL icon of the video to the iTube HD Video Downloader for Mac operation interface to download video.
Tips: This program provides function of one click to download multiple videos in a YouTube channel, user page, playlist and category. When you open YouTube channel or playlist, you will see a 'Download' button with 'Playlist' option. Just click it and you will get a window for you to choose the videos you want. Select videos you like and click 'Download' to start downloading multiple videos.
Step 3 Convert the Downloaded Videos.
To access the downloaded videos, you can hit the 'Downloaded' tab in the 'Download' menu. And you can add the video to the 'Convert' menu by clicking the 'Add to Convert List' icon.
To convert video, you only need to open the 'Convert' menu and click the 'Convert' button next to the target video clip and then choose a format you prefer from the pop-up window. The program also provides you with multiple presets for mobile devices, which enables you to watch the videos anywhere and anytime you like.
Why You Should Look for an Internet Download Manager for Mac Alternative?
Internet Downloader Manager is a good tool. However, sometimes this app could not be enough for your needs, or it may not be compatible with your computer. Let's see what issues Internet Download Manager presents:
- The tool is compatible with any Windows operating system, but if you use a Mac, you will need another program.
- It offers a fast downloading speed, but not the fastest available on the web.
- For some users, all the scheduling and organizing features could be too complicated, or sometimes annoying.
- The interface is not intuitive, and users could get lost during the setup.
- Users need to technical knowledge to access the advanced features.
7 Common Issues When Using Internet Download Manager
1. IDM connecting to the Internet but the download isn't starting. Sometimes it even shows errors like 'Permission denied' or 'cannot download this file'. This happens when IDM is set to use proxy or socks that do not work anymore.
Solution: Click on 'options' and navigate to 'Proxy/Socks'. Disable or simply uncheck the options on Use proxy or use Socks.
2. Showing the error message 'Cannot transfer download in IDM' when you click on start download. This error occurs when the IDM and the browser are explicitly set to work under different privileges.
Solution: This problem can be caused by myriad of reasons. The best way to handle it is to reinstall the entire program. It will be fixed.
3. Download progress stuck at some point, especially 99%. The two main causes of this error is when you use older version of IDM or a cracked version of it.
Solution: This problem has been fixed in newer versions and thus upgrading to a current version is the ultimate solution.
4. Having a very slow download speed. There are many factors that determine how fast your download speed will be. These include the type of the server, time of the day when the download is being performed or even your ISP. However, if there is no problem with the source of the file and the ISP, then possible solutions could still be available.
Solution: Ensure that speed limit isn't set by checking on 'download' the navigating to 'speed limiter'. Other solutions could be downloading from mirror sites or closing other simultaneous downloads.
5. Browser integration fails. IDM is able to grab downloads in a browser if their marriage was successful. That's how it operates. However, if it wasn't set in the first place, then downloads will not be through the IDM.
Solution: IDM is typically an add-on in the browser. If the integration was successful but downloads are not through the IDM, then open add-ons from the browser and 'enable' IDM from there.
6. Download resume failing even when the download resume capability for that file is 'yes'. This problem is caused by conflict arising between other programs and the file parts which have been written on the disk. Such programs would be antivirus programs or even firewalls.
Solution: Try disabling the antivirus or the firewall and see if resuming the download actually works. If it works, then install alternative programs which do not conflict real-time downloads.
7. IDM downloading html files instead of rar and zip files or even other fairly large files. This occurs especially when downloading from file sharing sites like rapidshare. This is because IDM is not well configured with those sites.
Solution: Try looking those files from other servers like mirrors. Also try upgrading your IDM and see if it solves the problem.
If you have ever used the Internet download manager for, then you know how fast a download can be. However, it is important to know the reasons behind the most common issues so that dealing with them becomes an easy task.
Internet download manager manages all the downloads in a better way. Although, modern browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari do the job very well they are not as feature-rich as IDM. Internet download managers can help you to pause a download, resume that whenever you want. On the other hand, they do not make any clutter in the Downloads folder of your computer. If you are using Windows, you check out these download managers for Windows 10. However, OS X users can also download some internet download manager to manage all the downloads on the go. Do check out these free and paid download managers for OS X.
Best Internet Download Manager for Mac
iGetter is a free download manager available for OS X 10.2 – 10.11. The UI of this internet download manager is not bad and, there is almost zero flaw in this app. talking about the features, you can get accelerated download, which makes the downloading better & faster, download management that helps you organize downloaded files, schedule download that helps you download at a predefined time and more. The best part of this tool is Mirror finder that will certainly assist you to find mirror servers so that your file can be garbed quicker. You can also set a site URL to explore whole Internet or any particular FTP site. Download
2] Speed Download Lite
It costs around $20. If you need a light-weight internet download manager for your OS X, you can only head over to Speed Download Lite, which is a very feature-rich tool consists of all the essential features. You can find the following options,
- Download management: You can manage your downloads using this tool, as usual.
- Bandwidth throttle: You can manage the download speed of your available downloads using this tool and that too in real time. The change will be effective right away.
- Schedule download: Like iGetter, you can schedule your downloads. There is no limit of files or size.
- Auto-Resume: This tool can auto resume your downloads if any interruption stopped your downloading previously.
If you like, you can download it from here.
Flox is a free download manager for Mac that is compatible with four most popular browsers including Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera Mini. Talking about the features, Flox can help you to manage all your downloads by categorizing them using tags. The user interface is very much compatible with the later version of OS X i.e. Sierra. The best part of this tool is it does work as a torrent client for Mac, download files by entering the URL, pause/resume downloads and much more. Like Speed Download Lite, you can get a speed throttle in this tool as well. This is needless to mention that Flox can download files at a pre-set time if you use Schedule Download feature. Download
4] Xtreme Download Manager
XDM or Xtreme Download Manager is yet another free internet download manager for Mac compatible with almost all the latest browsers such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc. It will let you download any file at possible maximum speed. On the other hand, you can download videos from various video sharing websites such as YouTube, Daily Motion, etc. Like other regular download managers, you can pause and resume your downloads. For your information, it can resume downloads automatically if something stopped your downloads. Like IDM for Windows, you can download multiple files at a time to save your valuable time. Schedule Downloading is also available in this app so that your PC can download files when you are asleep. Download
Download Internet Download Manager For Mac Os X 10.10
There are more other free and paid internet download managers for OS X, but these are probably the best regarding pricing, features, and availability. What do you think about these tools? What is your favorite download manager for Mac?