- If you want you could have partitions of your hard drive up to 32GB in fat32 which can be read by Mac and Windows. However there is software which claim to be able to format fat32 larger than 32GB. You could also have it in NTFS (windows) and use a program on Mac to Mount to NTFS, check this out.
- TarDisk – Ultimate Storage Expansion Drive For Mac. By Karthikeyan S 2 Comments. Macbook, ultimate productivity machine from Apple. Storage is very important when it comes to any computer or mobile device. I am using a MacBook Air with 128 GB SSD Storage.
The optimum choice is to format it ExFAT, but do so on the PC, not the Mac. Alternatively, you can make two partitions - one for the Mac; one for the PC. Partition the drive using GUID when you make the two partitions. Format one using Mac OS Extended, Journaled. Format the other on your PC using NTFS if you won't need to write to it from the OS X side or use ExFAT if you do.
Discover the world of external hard drives for Mac. Compare portable, USB and external hard drive models for office and home and shop online. TheMiniDrive storage expansion cards for the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display. Just slide it into the SD slot on the side of your MacBook and instantly boost your storage capacity. With up to 200GB available, you can store up to 62,000 photos, 32,000 songs or 1920 minutes of Full HD video.
Finder for mac. Pinfinder for Mac OS Using Pinfinder under Apple Mac OS XNOTE: Pinfinder ony supports iOS 7-12.4 -To use Pinfinder to recover your iOS restrictions passcode on an AppleMac machine, follow the steps below:.
Drive Partition and Format
1. Open Disk Utility in your Utilities folder.
2. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr.'s ID and size) from the left side list. Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window.
3. Under the Volume Scheme heading set the number of partitions from the drop down menu to two. Click on the Options button, set the partition scheme to GUID then click on the OK button. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journaled.) Click on the Apply button and wait until the process has completed.
4. Select the volume you just created (this is the sub-entry under the drive entry) you will use for Windows from the left side list. Click on the Erase tab in the DU main window.
5. Set the format type to MSDOS.
6. Click on the Erase button.
When you connect the drive to your PC reformat the PC volume to either NTFS or ExFAT.
Format Expansion Drive For Mac
Aug 27, 2013 12:20 PM