- Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016
- Uninstall And Reinstall Microsoft Office 2011 For Mac
- How To Uninstall Office 2011
/Mac Uninstaller /How to Completely Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac [2020 Update]
Today, Let me tell you how to uninstall Microsoft office on mac Catalina. As we all know, installing applications on our Mac computer is actually easy. However, trying to uninstall them may sound easy but actually, they are not.
One of the applications that we tend to install on our Mac computer is the Office 2016 as this kind of applications are one of the useful applications that we use especially if you are a using your Mac for business purposes and school projects. Since there are updated Microsoft Office that has been released then that is the time that we delete the old ones that we have on our computer.
Here, we have gathered some ways you can do to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 Mac completely without leaving any other files behind so just go on and keep on reading this article.
Article GuidePart 1. Can I Uninstall Microsoft Office?Part 2. How to Uninstall Office 365 (2011/2016) on Mac ManuallyPart 3. What Is The Best Microsoft Office Removal Tool for Mac?Part 4. In Conclusion
Some programs, such as Microsoft Office 2004 and 2008, include removal tools to simplify the uninstall process. The removal tool only deletes the Office program from your Mac. The removal tool doesn't delete any documents you created in Office. You can manually remove Mac OS X programs that don't include a removal tool, such as Office 2011. Download and install or reinstall Office for Mac 2011. Go to Download Earlier Versions of Office at www.microsoft.com/software-download/office to download the file. Enter your product key and click Verify. Select a language, then click Confirm. When prompted, click Download Now. To do a regular uninstall, see Uninstall Office for Mac. Note: If you don't want to use the tool and prefer to do all these steps by hand, you can learn how to Manually remove all OfficeForMac2011 files here. Use the Remove2011 tool to completely remove Office for Mac 2011. Download and run our Office 2011 Uninstall Tool. A prompt will appear to confirm removal.
Microsoft also offers its Office apps to mobile operating systems like Android and iOS. In this article, we will discuss different methods to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac. Scenarios for Uninstalling Office on Mac: The desktop version was the first software of its kind that was developed by Microsoft.
Part 1. Can I Uninstall Microsoft Office?
You may want to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac due to some installing errors, like installing a higher edition of Microsoft Office for Mac but failed. In this case, you need to uninstall the older version first. Or there may be something wrong when you are using the Office application, which really has a big impact on your work.
Is It Safe to Uninstall Microsoft Office?
You may think if it is safe to uninstall Microsoft Office, what happens if uninstall Microsoft Office? Well, UITS (University Information Technology Services) strongly recommends that you uninstall other versions of Microsoft Office before installing any new one. Because other Microsoft applications sometimes may conflict with the Microsoft Office installation. So it's safe to remove the Office and it won't delete files you created before in this Office version.
If you are wondering about how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac, then you have come to the right place. Below are some options on how you can do this for you to be able to install a new Office on your Mac and for you to free up space as well. Yes, it is true that you can remove apps on your Mac by moving the application to your trash. Let's learn how to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac below.
Part 2. How to Uninstall Office 365 (2011/2016) on Mac Manually
As we all know, installing apps on your Mac computer is very easy, however, it is a bit complex when it comes to uninstalling them together with the files that they create with them. Most people would just drag the application and move them to their trash bin and thought that it was the right way on how you remove an application on your Mac but this is really wrong. Keep in mind that once you just dragged the application to your trash you will be leaving a lot of files that are connected to the app that you just removed like the system cache, app preferences, saved states, and some other files.
If you want to know how to uninstall Microsoft office on Mac completely like your Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook, then all you need to do is to follow the simple guides indicated below. However, for you to do this, you must be able to sign in as an administrator on your Mac and provide a name and a password.
Remove Office 365 (2011) For Mac Applications
- Go ahead and launch Finder and then select Applications
- Command and then click for you to be able to choose the folder of Microsoft Office 2011.
- After that press the Ctrl button and then click an application you select and then Move to Trash.
Remove Office 365 (2016) on Mac
1. Remove Office Application
- Launch Finder and then select Applications.
- Press Command and then click to choose all the related Microsoft Office 365 (2016) applications.
- Press the Ctrl button and click the apps you choose then Move to Trash.
2. Remove All Related Files from Your User Library Folder
How to remove Office license files on a Mac? For you to be able to remove all of your files from your user library folder, what you need to do first is to set the Finder View options:
- Launch Finder and then press the 'Command + Shift + h' at the same time
- Go to the Finder menu located at the top and then click on the 'View' button and then click 'as List'. After that, go ahead and click on the 'View' button and then choose 'Show View Options'
- Once you are in the View Options dialog box, choose 'Show Library Folder' and then click on the Save button.
- Go back to your Finder and then launch Library and choose Containers. After that, Ctrl + click all the folders and then choose Move To Trash.
5. After that, go ahead and click on the back arrow for you to go back to the previous page which is the Library folder. Once you are back on your Library folder, go ahead and launch Group Containers. After that Ctrl + click each of the folders below if they are present and then Move To Trash.
NOTE: Your outlook data will be deleted once you move the folders that are listed above. Make sure that you back them up before trying to move them to your trash.
3. How to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac from Your Dock and Restore Your Mac
- If you have included any of the Office 2016 tools on your dock, go ahead and click each tool by pressing Ctrl + click them and then choose Options then click Remove from Dock.
- Once that you have removed all tools from your dock, go ahead and restart your Mac for you to completely uninstall it.
Part 3. What Is The Best Microsoft Office Removal Tool for Mac?
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac completely without deleting files again? Good thing we have a Microsoft Office removal tool Mac that you can use for uninstalling office on a mac completely. It removes the application from your Mac PC together will all the files that are associated with it leaving you no marks of that specific application. This tool is the Mac Uninstaller of iMyMac Mac Cleaner.
You will also be able to preview all of those files first so that you can select which files should go and not. Totally amazing, right? Sims 1 download for mac. This amazing program will give you an easy way to uninstall the stubborn applications that you want to get rid of on your Mac, then you will be able to save more of your disk space and speed up your Mac as well.
Now let's look at the detailed steps on how to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac completely with Mac Cleaner below:
Step 1. Download and Install iMyMac Mac Cleaner on Your Mac
Of course, the very first thing that you need to do is to download the iMyMac Mac Cleaner and install it on your Mac PC. You can download it from its official website: https://www.imymac.com/. Then go ahead and launch the software. On the main interface, select the Uninstaller tool which can be seen on the left side.
Smart cleaning tool for Mac that helps you locate and delete all kinds of junk files to free up storage space.Best Mac uninstaller that can uninstall apps on Mac completely with the leftover files to speed up Mac.Your trusted privacy protection expert that can clear all browers' tracking cookies, searching histories and other data.Free Download
Step 2. Scanning All Your Applications
After choosing the Mac Uninstaller from the main interface of the program, go ahead and click on the 'Scan' button. Once you have clicked on that, the iMyMac Mac Uninstaller will then start scanning all your applications automatically.
Step 3. Select Office 2016 and Clean All Unwanted Software
Once the scanning process is complete, you will then be able to see on your screen all the software that in your Mac PC by pressing the 'View' button. All you have to do is to locate and choose the Office 2016 application from the list shown on your screen.
Once you have selected all the application of the Office 2016, go ahead and hit on the 'Clean' button, iMyMac will then remove all those unneeded applications that you chose and will give you more storage space for your new applications that you are planning to download. This is will also help you speed up your Mac PC.
Tip: Free to Try iMyMac Mac Cleaner
Now you know how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac with iMyMac Mac Cleaner. This program also has other things that can help you in optimizing your Mac PC like cleaning all unwanted files, finding duplicate files and folders, and more. You will also have the privilege to try the Mac Cleaner with 500MB. Because of this, you will be able to clean up your Mac for free and will let you experience the powerful feature of the program. Just have the free trial here!
Part 4. In Conclusion
We totally know the concept that installing apps on your Mac is very easy but uninstalling them will take you more time to do it. This is because apps on your Mac PC are really stubborn and it is than those applications that Windows users have.
We have learned the ways here on how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac that not just moving your application to your trash but also removing those apps completely from your Mac PC. This is because it has a big possibility that it will leave any files associated with that particular app. These are all the reasons why we have iMyMac Mac Cleaner. Of course, you can also use other manual ways to uninstall apps but just take some time.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.8 / 5 (based on 109 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Thank you, have successfully uninstalled Office 2016, but how can I determine if my Outlook mailbox is retained/retrieved after reinstallation?
You need to export the files by File > Export > Choose Everything firstly, then after uninstallation and reinstallation, go to copy everything back into Outlook by File > Import.
Powerful Uninstall Software on MacFree Download
Sep 28, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
Microsoft Corporation is an American company founded on April 4, 1975, by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. It develops and manufactures computer software and electronics. It is the largest software company in the world. Microsoft is best known for developing software like MS Windows and the MS Office suite.
Microsoft Office is a client-server software developed by Microsoft which offers convenient features for people from every walk of life. It was first announced by Bill Gates on August 1, 1988. The first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint which are also the most used processing tools of MS Office. Microsoft also offers its Office apps to mobile operating systems like Android and iOS. In this article, we will discuss different methods to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac.
Part 1. Scenarios for Uninstalling Office on Mac:
The desktop version was the first software of its kind that was developed by Microsoft. It is supported both by the Windows and macOS operating systems. Since then it is also offered as an online tool that runs in the web browser of your computer. Microsoft Office 2019 is the latest version of the software that is being branded under the name of Office 365. The newest version was released on September 24, 2018.
MS Office is one of the most important software on the Mac used for various functions. Microsoft offers new and advanced updates regularly on Office 365, sometimes the auto-update feature does not work on Mac. This will force you to uninstall the older version of Office and reinstall the newer one. Here are some of the reasons that would prompt you to Uninstall MS Office on Mac:
- The system does not install the latest updates directly.
- The license is deactivated.
- Wrong login information entered which locks your account out.
- The old version of MS Office is not compatible with macOS Mojave.
- You want to install the newest version.
In this article, you will learn how to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac.
Part 2. How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac?
You may be prompted to uninstall Microsoft Office to fix some bugs in the existing version installed on the computer. You may also want to install the newest version that includes the features you need. No matter what kind of situation you are facing, there's an answer to every problem. We will show you how to properly uninstall all apps and features of Office 365 on Mac manually.
An official Office removal tool is offered by Microsoft to the users of the Windows Operating System. There is no such tool provided on MacOS that would instantly remove the software from the system. It is a bit complex when it comes to uninstalling apps on Mac and the library files that they create with them. To remove MS Office manually, you are required to sign in the system using the administrator account.
There is a whole three-part process to manually uninstall office from Mac:
- Move to Trash.
- Remove from the Library folder.
- Remove apps from Mac Dock.
Uninstall Microsoft Office 2016
1. Move to Trash:
You can completely delete MS office from the system by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Finder.
- Open Application.
- Press the Command button.
- Select all MS Office supported apps and tools.
- Press Control + Click the selected applications from the keyboard.
- Choose 'Move to Trash'.
- All files will be deleted.
2. Remove from Library folder:
Even if you delete the main file from the computer, the service files still remain on your disk until you remove them manually. macOS doesn't provide any default tool to find and remove the leftovers of MS Office. You have to search for them yourself. The next phase in removing MS Office files completely from the system is to delete them from the Library Folder. Here are the steps:
- Open Finder.
- Press 'Command + Shift + h'.
- Click on 'View as List' from the Finder Folder.
- View options dialogue box will appear.
- Check the 'Show Library Folder' option.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Finder again.
- Click on Library and then Containers option.
- Ctrl + right-click on each of these folders mentioned below.
- Select and 'Move to Trash'.
Here are the mentioned files that should be removed if found in the containers box:
- Go back to the Library Folder.
- Open 'Group Containers'.
- Ctrl + right-click on each of these folders mentioned below.
- Select 'Move to Trash'.
Here is the list of files that should be removed to completely uninstall MS Office from Mac:
You should carefully remove all the files created by Microsoft Word, but be sure not to delete any other file. Deleting other important library files may damage the system. After removing the files please restart your Mac.
3. Remove Office Apps from Dock:
Mac Dock is known as the launching pad for different kinds of applications in the Mac. It works just like like Windows taskbar but it has animations. It allows you to open the apps that you frequently use with just one click. To completely remove MS Office from Mac the last piece of the puzzle is removing the shortcuts from Mac Dock. Here are the steps:
- Locate the files and 'Ctrl + click' on them.
- Choose 'Options'.
- Select 'Remove from Dock'.
After completing the procedure, the software will be completely removed from the system. Restart the Mac to complete the process. You will find no trace of MS Office on your computer.
Part 3. How to Install or Reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac?
Microsoft products come with a product and activation key. If you already have one then before installing Office, sign in with your existing account, and enter your product key. You can always make a new account. Here are the steps to install MS Office on your Mac:
- Go to the official site of Microsoft office.
- Sign in with your existing account or make a new one.
- Click on the Install office.
- Click on Office 365 apps and the downloading process will start.
- Click on Finder and go to Downloads.
- Click the Microsoft Office installer.pkg file.
- Click on Continue and agree on the license agreement.
- Select the Install location
- Click on Install.
- Enter your Mac Administrator Password.
- Click on Install Software.
- The installation will proceed.
- Click on Close after a successful installation.
- Restart your Mac.
Part 4. Tips for Installing and Uninstalling Microsoft Office on Mac:
Microsoft Office one of the useful applications if you are using your Mac for business purposes and school work. Precautionary measures must be taken before installing or even Uninstalling the software. As some sort of negligence might damage the software, the operating system, or the computer itself.
Below is the list of precautions that should be taken before uninstalling and Reinstalling Microsoft Office on Mac.
- Close all Applications before the uninstallation process.
- Make sure that it is not a computer glitch that is causing problems with the software.
- Make sure you have a good running Internet.
- Always download & install MS Office from its official website.
- Always purchase the software.
- Check the battery of the computer before installing the program.
- Check to see if your Mac has the required storage space to keep Microsoft Office and its apps.
- Make sure your computer has at least 4GB RAM.
- Scan the software for viruses for the sake of security.
- Clear all the cache of the previously installed version of MS office.
- Keep the updates to 'automatically install'.
Despite the effort, Apple's iWork has not come close to undermine Microsoft Office. MS Office is still the most preferred software in the world. Microsoft Office for Mac offers great features that can enhance the overall experience of the user. It provides added functionality and improvements for the users to perform their tasks at hand with ease. Sometimes during an update, a minor internet or storage problem can halt the installation process entirely. This might cause the MS Office to not function properly. To fix the problem you might have to Uninstall and Reinstall the program. Now you know exactly what to do whenever such a problem arises.
Uninstall And Reinstall Microsoft Office 2011 For Mac
If you find some important data lost when uninstalling and reinstalling the Office programs on Mac, download Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac and check out how to recover missing files in 3 steps.
How To Uninstall Office 2011
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks