Apple's Mini DisplayPort adapters work with Mac models that have a Mini DisplayPort , Thunderbolt port , or Thunderbolt 2 port when using Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 or later:
If you need to connect multiple displays to your Thunderbolt™ 3 system, you should use a Thunderbolt 3 adapter. StarTech.com offers a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual HDMI adapter and a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. Note: To use the TB32HD2 and TB32DP2 adapters, your Thunderbolt 3 system must support dual displays. StarTech.com - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter - 1080p - Thunderbolt Compatible - Mini DP Converter for HDMI Display or Monitor - Black Model: MDP2HDMI SKU: 1028613. Jun 04, 2019 The Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter connects a Mac that has a Mini DisplayPort, Thunderbolt port, or Thunderbolt 2 port to display that uses a VGA cable. This adapter supports display resolutions up to 1920 x 1200. To achieve resolutions greater than 1600 x 1200, displays with high refresh rates might require that you lower the refresh.
These adapters don't work with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, which doesn't support Mini DisplayPort displays.
The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI signal format converter seamlessly connect next generation DisplayPort(Thunderbolt) based Mac with a Mini DisplayPort to high definition displays. It not only has an elegant appearance with the white color but also brings much convenience with its small size. IVANKY Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, 1080P Gold-Plated Connectors & Nylon Braided Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI Adapter for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro(Before 2016), Microsoft Surface Pro, etc - 20cm AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable - 1.83 m (6 Feet).
Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
The Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter connects a Mac that has a Mini DisplayPort , Thunderbolt port , or Thunderbolt 2 port to a display that uses a single-link DVI cable.
This adapter supports display resolutions up to 1920 x 1200.
Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
The Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter connects a Mac that has a Mini DisplayPort , Thunderbolt port , or Thunderbolt 2 port to a display that uses a dual-link DVI cable.
This adapter supports display resolutions up to 2560 x 1600. To use it with a dual-link DVI display such as the 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display, connect the USB cable from the display to the USB-A port on the adapter, then connect the USB-A cable on the adapter to the USB-A port on your Mac.
Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
The Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter connects a Mac that has a Mini DisplayPort , Thunderbolt port , or Thunderbolt 2 port to display that uses a VGA cable.
This adapter supports display resolutions up to 1920 x 1200. To achieve resolutions greater than 1600 x 1200, displays with high refresh rates might require that you lower the refresh rate.
Because the VGA connection is analog instead of digital, HDCP-encrypted content might not play back, or might play back at a lower resolution.
DVI cables that provide additional pins for an analog signal aren't compatible with the fully digital DVI port on either of the DVI adapters.
Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices. Learn how to identify the ports on your Mac.
- HDMI port: Connects directly to HDMI using an HDMI cable.
- USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port: Connects to HDMI using an adapter, such as the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- Mini DisplayPort: Connects to HDMI using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.
Mac computers that have an HDMI port comply with HDMI 1.4b and support:
- At least 1080p video over HDMI, and some Mac models support higher resolutions when connecting to 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs
- 8-channel/24-bit audio at 192kHz, Dolby Surround 5.1, and traditional stereo
- HDCP-encrypted playback from iTunes and QuickTime Player (version 10). Safari in macOS Sierra or later also supports HDCP-encrypted playback, if the web page is HTML5-enabled and the content is FairPlay Streaming-enabled and delivered using Media Source Extensions or HTTP Live Streaming.
If using an adapter, check the specifications of the adapter to learn about supported resolutions and other details.
After making the connection
If your Mac doesn't recognize your HDTV, display, or other HDMI device after making the connection:
- Turn off the HDMI device while your Mac is turned on.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your Mac, then plug it in again.
- Turn on the HDMI device.
If the video on your HDTV or display extends beyond the borders of the screen, open Displays preferences and adjust the Underscan slider for a better fit. Use any of these methods to open Displays preferences:
You can open and view Windows Compiled HTML Help (CHM) files easily with CHMOX, which is a.chm file viewer for Mac. Chmox is a 100% native Cocoa application to read CHM (compiled HTML) ebooks on Mac. CHM Viewer are available for various platforms and operating systems such as CHM viewer Linux, Mac, CHM viewer for Windows etc. Most of CHM viewer free download online is for free or keep as add-ons on your browser so that you can use it whenever you have to open a restricted or compressed CHM file. Chm file reader for mac. Read CHM is an application that enables its users to view the contents of CHM files with ease. Read CHM comes with intuitive tab view reading, sidebars. Read CHM for Mac.
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Displays.
- Press Shift-Command-A to open the Applications folder. Then double-click System Preferences, then click Displays.
- If your keyboard has brightness controls, press Option–Brightness Up or Option–Brightness Down.
If your HDMI device isn't receiving audio from your Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Output pane, make sure that your HDMI device is selected.
- If you're connecting using a Mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that your Mac can send audio over Mini DisplayPort.
- If you're connecting from a Mac mini, unplug any audio device that is plugged into your computer's Audio-Out port.
If your Mac goes to sleep while a video is playing or paused, you might see an HDCP error. Quit the app that is playing the video, then open the app again. If the issue continues, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver and adjust the settings so that your display doesn't turn off.
Mini Displayport To Hdmi Thunderbolt Adapter Cable For Apple Mac Osx
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can use the Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter to connect to a DVI display.
- Mac computers don't support using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to control HDMI devices.