Start quickly with the most recent versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and OneDrive —combining the familiarity of Office and the unique Mac features you love. Work online or offline, on your own or with others in real time—whatever works for what you’re doing. Office for Mac 2011, like most Microsoft products, has a support lifecycle during which we provide new features, bug fixes, security fixes, and so on. This lifecycle typically lasts for 5 years from the date of the product’s initial release. What are my options? By Geetesh Bajaj, James Gordon. You can write e-mail messages in Outlook 2011 for Mac in several different ways. Perhaps the easiest way to start a new Outlook mail message is to click the E-Mail button on the Home tab of the Outlook Ribbon or by pressing Command-N. Outlook 2011 free download - Microsoft Office 2011, GenoPro 2011, Multi Virus Cleaner 2011, and many more programs.
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications shown on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
|Initial release||October 26, 2010; 10 years ago|
|Operating system||Mac OS X 10.5.8 to macOS 10.14.6|
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is a version of the Microsoft Officeproductivity suite for Mac OS X. It is the successor to Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and is comparable to Office 2010 for Windows. Office 2011 was followed by Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac released on September 22, 2015, requiring a Mac with an x64 Intel processor and OS X Yosemite or later. Office for Mac 2011 is no longer supported as of October 10, 2017.
Outlook 2011 For Mac Download
Microsoft Office 2011 includes more robust enterprise support and greater feature parity with the Windows edition. Its interface is now more similar to Office 2007 and 2010 for Windows, with the addition of the ribbon. Support for Visual Basic for Applications macros has returned after having been dropped in Office 2008. Purchasing the Home Premium version of Office for Mac will not allow telephone support automatically to query any problems with the VBA interface. There are however, apparently, according to Microsoft Helpdesk, some third party applications that can address problems with the VBA interface with Office for Mac. In addition, Office 2011 supports online collaboration tools such as OneDrive and Office Web Apps, allowing Mac and Windows users to simultaneously edit documents over the web. It also includes limited support for Apple's high-density Retina Displays, allowing the display of sharp text and images, although most icons within applications themselves are not optimized for this.
A new version of Microsoft Outlook, written using Mac OS X's Cocoa API, returns to the Mac for the first time since 2001 and has full support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. It replaces Entourage, which was included in Office 2001, X, 2004 and 2008 for Mac.
Office for Mac 2011 has a number of limitations compared to Office 2010 for Windows. It does not support ActiveX controls, or OpenDocument Format. It also cannot handle attachments in Rich Text Format e-mail messages sent from Outlook for Windows, which are delivered as winmail.dat attachments. It also has several human language limitations, such as lack of support for right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Persian, and Hebrew  and automatic language detection. 
Microsoft does not support CalDAV and CardDAV in Outlook, so there is no way to sync directly Outlook through iCloud. Outlook also does not allow the user to disable Cached Exchange Mode, unlike the Windows version, and it is therefore not possible to connect to an Exchange Server without downloading a local cache of mail and calendar data. 
Additionally, Office for Mac 2011 also has a shorter lifecycle than Office 2010. Support for Office for Mac 2011 was originally slated to end on January 12, 2016, but because Office for Mac 2016 did not come out until July 2015, Microsoft extended support until October 10, 2017.  As 32-bit software, it will not run on macOS High Sierra or later versions of macOS.
Two editions are available to the general public. Home & Student provides Word, Excel and PowerPoint, while Home & Business adds Outlook and increased support.Microsoft Messenger 8 is included with both editions, and Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, which communicates with Microsoft Lync Server, is available only to volume licensing customers. Office 2011 requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
|Applications and services||Home & Student||Home & Business||Academic||Standard|
|Communicator or Lync||Not included||Not included||Included||Included|
|Office Web Apps||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Remote Desktop Connection||Not included||Included||Included||Included|
|Information Rights Management||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Windows SharePoint Services Support||Not included||Included||Included||Included|
|Technical support||90 days||1 year||90 days||?|
The Home & Student edition is available in a single license for one computer and a family pack for three computers. The Home & Business edition is available in a single license for one computer and a multi-pack for two computers. The Standard edition is only available through Volume Licensing. The Academic edition was created for higher education students, staff and faculty, and includes one installation. Office for Mac is also available as part of Microsoft's Office 365 subscription programme.
Microsoft announced Office 2011 in 2009. There were 6 beta versions released:
- Beta 1
- Beta 2 (Version 14.0.0, Build 100326)
- Beta 3 (Build 100519)—announced on May 25, 2010
- Beta 4 (Build 100526)
- Beta 5 (Build 100709)
- Beta 6 (Build 100802)
Microsoft Outlook For Mac 2011
Access to beta versions was by invitation only, although leaked copies were circulated among Mac file sharing websites.
The final version was released to manufacturing on September 10, 2010, was available to volume license customers a day later, and made available to the general public on October 26, 2010. Service Pack 1 was released on April 12, 2011.
- ^'Microsoft Lifecycle Policy: Office 2011'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- ^'Microsoft Lifecycle Policy: Lync 2011'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- ^'Microsoft Lifecycle Policy: Office 2011'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- ^Keizer, Gregg (May 14, 2008). 'Microsoft will bring back macros to Mac Office in 2011'. Computerworld. Retrieved April 21, 2010.
- ^Seff, Jonathan (May 13, 2008). 'Microsoft to bring back Visual Basic in Office for Mac'. Macworld. Retrieved April 21, 2010.
- ^'How to obtain support for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 connectivity problems with Exchange Server'. Support (34.0 ed.). Microsoft. September 12, 2013.
- ^Miller, Dan (February 11, 2010). 'Microsoft Announces Office for Mac 2011'. Macworld. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^'Known issues in Excel 2011'. Microsoft. September 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^answer from Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh), Discussion in the forum of a user of Microsoft Office:Mac Archived February 13, 2011, at WebCite
- ^Office 2011: Mac-Version mit Outlook, aber ohne Opendocument, in German. Archived February 13, 2011, at WebCite
- ^Morgenstern, David. 'Microsoft boosts languages, proofing tools in Office 2011 for Mac, Unicode right-to-left support missing'. The Apple Core. ZDNet. Retrieved November 17, 2010.
- ^Haslam, Karen. 'Which Mac apps won't work in macOS Catalina?'. Macworld. Retrieved October 31, 2019.
- ^Weir, Andy (June 5, 2017). 'Microsoft says Office for Mac 2011 will not be supported on macOS 10.13 High Sierra'. Neowin. Retrieved October 18, 2020.
- ^'Office for Mac 2011—Compare'. Microsoft. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- ^'Announcing Communicator for Mac'. Office for Mac Blog. Microsoft. September 24, 2010. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- ^'Office System Requirements'. Microsoft Office for Mac. Microsoft. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- ^Michaels, Philip (August 2, 2010). 'Microsoft sets pricing, October release for Office 2011'. Macworld. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- ^'Office for Mac 2011 Hitting Store Shelves This October'. Microsoft Office Press. Microsoft. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- ^Snell, Jason (August 13, 2009). 'Microsoft: Next Mac Office due late 2010 with Outlook'. Macworld. Retrieved November 14, 2009.
- ^McLean, Prince (May 25, 2010). 'Microsoft's Office 2011 beta 3 for Mac gets new icons'. AppleInsider. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^Sams, Brad (July 25, 2010). 'Office 2011 for Mac beta invites sent out'. Neowin.net. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^Paliath, Paul. 'Beta 2 of Microsoft Office 2011 leaked'. GeekSmack. Archived from the original on April 13, 2010. Retrieved April 14, 2010.
- ^'Office for Mac 2011 hits RTM'. Office for Mac Blog. Microsoft. September 10, 2010. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- ^Weintraub, Seth (September 21, 2010). 'Office for Mac hits Microsoft volume licensing servers'. 9to5 Mac. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- ^Mac Mojo Team (September 28, 2010). 'Office for Mac 2011 in the Store This October'. Office for Mac Blog. Microsoft. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^'Microsoft Office for Mac Downloads and Updates'. Office For Mac. Microsoft. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
Ashwani Tiwari Published: August 28, 2020 MS Outlook
Summary: In our day-to-day life Outlook is one of the most preferable email clients for both personal and professionals. The outlook is used widely because this mail application is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS simultaneously.
As we know that Outlook preserves all the data in OLM file format such as contacts, email messages, journals, etc. But the Outlook users want to migrate Outlook 2011 to Office 365 Mac due to some reason. Office 365 is a web-based email client and one can access Office 365 data anywhere at any time. So users want to migrate Outlook 2011 it will reduce the concern of data loss, cost-efficient. Because of all the functionalities, users started migrating their Outlook 2011 data to Office 365 Mac.
In the upcoming session, we will discuss various methods to export Mac Outlook 2011 to Office 365. Before moving further let’s has a look at some scenarios, by which you can understand the conversion in a better way.
Methods to Export Mac Outlook 2011 to Office 365
According to the above-mentioned query, we have taken it into consideration way and come up with the most convenient methods to perform the conversion positively. There are two ways to migrate Outlook 2011 to Office 365 Mac:
- Manual Method
- Professional Method
How to Migrate Outlook 2011 to Office 365 Mac Manually?
Follow the given steps sequentially for migrating Outlook 2011 to Office 365:
- Launch Outlook application into your machine
- Navigate the Tools option and choose Account from the options
- Now, choose Exchange from the drop-down menu
- Enter your mail address of Office 365 in the Email Address section
- Add your Office 365 email account and enter the password into the password field
- Click on Add Account option
Tip: If the application wants a server address then add outlook.office365.com and choose the “Add account” tab again.
- Then, an auto-discover pop-up on your screen. Check the “Always use my response for this server” then click on Allow
- Finally, your account will be synced properly. When the synchronization procedure complete successfully then you can now access the data of your file into Office 365
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- The manual method is a lengthy method and also time-consuming.
- The file may be corrupt or damage or corrupt during the process.
- Require technical assistance to execute the whole process.
- Not capable to migrate the data in bulk.
How to Migrate Outlook 2011 to Office 365 Mac using an Automated Solution?
If you are looking for a convenient approach to export Mac Outlook 2011 to Office 365 or to export email from Outlook Mac to Windows then download the automated tool. It is the most relevant solution to migrate Outlook 2011. It also has so many additional features some of them are listed below:
Why Mac OLM Converter Tool?
- Export emails, contacts, tasks, notes into PST, EML,MSG, MBOX and 5+ file formats.
- Assist you to export contacts from Outlook Mac to Gmail
- Authorize to split large PST file into smaller one
- Preserve original folder hierarchy throughout the process
- Permits to merge multiple ICS and PDF file into single one
- Support all the latest version of Mac OS X
Working of the Tool
We divide the process into two steps one id export the OLM file into PST format that is supported by Office 365 and then Imports that PST file into your Office 365 to access all the data.
Step 1- Export the OLM file to PST
- Download and install the Mac OLM Converter tool into your machine
- Then, click on file/folder on your machine in the saved location of OLM
- Click on Next button and then select PST file format to execute the conversion
- Apply the Data Filter to export the data of a particular time duration
- Select the desired spot for converted data file
Microsoft Outlook For Mac
- Hit the Export button to begin the process
Finally, when the procedure is completed, you can preview the resultant file at its saved location
Step 2- Import that PST file into your Office 365
Wait till the process is completed then import the converted file into Office 365. Thus, to complete the process you need to opt any of the two alternate i.e. Mac convert flac to mp3. Drive Shipping and Network Upload.
Note: One can opt for the manual method but should know one thing that is a manual method that contains some disadvantages. If a user needs to perform the task manually, he might lose his crucial data.
Outlook 2011 For Mac Support
Office 365 Server Settings For Outlook 2011 Mac
We discussed both the methods the manual method and the expert method to migrate Outlook 2011 to Office 365. The manual method has some limitations which are mention above in the article. So we also provide an expert method to easily migrate Outlook 2011 to O365 Mac.