Over the last few months, an increasing number of references to AMD processors have been uncovered in macOS Catalina code, starting with the 10.15.2 beta in November and now continuing in the. Make sure that Virtualization/AMD-V is supported by your CPU and is enabled in your BIOS. Modern CPUs will definitely support this, but if you have an older CPU, you may want to double check. Your CPU also needs to support the SSE4.1 instruction set in order to run macOS Sierra and newer. Modern CPUs will also support this.
OpenCore is what we refer to as a 'boot loader' – this is a complex piece of software that we use to prepare our systems for macOS – specifically by injecting new data for macOS such as SMBIOS, ACPI tables and kexts. How this tool differs from others like Clover is that it has been designed with security and quality in mind, allowing us to use many security features found on real Macs, such as SIP and FileVault. A more in-depth look can be found here: Why OpenCore over Clover and others Cyrillic font windows 10.
This guide specifically focuses on two main things:
- Installing macOS on an X86-based PC
- Teaching you what makes your Hack work
Because of this, you will be expected to read, learn and even use Google. This is not a simple one-click install setup.
Please remember that OpenCore is still new and currently in beta. While quite stable, and arguably much more stable than Clover in pretty much every way, it is still being frequently updated, so chunks of configuration change quite often (i.e. new quirks replacing old ones).
Lastly, those having issues can visit both the r/Hackintosh subreddit and r/Hackintosh Discord for more help.
If you use Boot Camp to run Windows on your Mac, you can visit the AMD website to download the latest version of their drivers for Windows. These Mac computers use AMD graphics:
- 15-inch MacBook Pro introduced in 2015 or later
- 27-inch iMac introduced in 2014 or later
- 21.5-inch iMac with Retina display introduced in 2017 or later
- iMac Pro introduced in 2017
- Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
Mac Os X Amd Download
Check your version of AMD graphics drivers
- Start up your Mac in Windows.
- Take any of these steps to open Radeon settings:
- Right-click your desktop and choose AMD Radeon Settings.
- Or click Radeon Settings in the notification area.
- Or choose AMD Radeon Settings from the Programs menu.
- In Radeon settings, click the System Tab, then click the Software tab.
- The version number is shown under Driver Packaging Version.
Download and install the latest AMD graphics drivers
Install Mac Os On Amd
- In Windows, go to the AMD website, then click Drivers & Support.
- Select your product from the list, not the menu: First select Graphics, then select Mac Graphics in the next column, then select Apple Boot Camp in the next column.
- Click Submit to view the list of available drivers.
- Look for the driver version that supports your Mac model. If it's a later version (higher number) than the version installed on your Mac, click Download.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file, then run the Setup app in the resulting folder to install the drivers.