Clear Linux. OS on Parallels. Desktop for Mac.¶ This page explains how to run Clear Linux OS Server in CLI mode as a guest OS in Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac. Parallels Desktop for Mac is virtualization software that allows other operating systems, such as Linux, to run side-by-side with macOS. I'm not normally a fan of mac software implementations, but recently I saw a copy of Parallels Desktop for mac that I was very much impressed. I looked into parallel's offerings for Linux (I was initially excited that they developed for.nix) but found that it has essentially the same features as VMware. Follow these steps to install Linux on a Mac using Parallels Desktop. Download a Linux distribution file and save it to your Downloads folder. The file will have an '.iso' extension. Parallels desktop 14 for Mac is the fastest, easiest, and most powerful application for running Windows on Mac-without rebooting. Get up and running in minutes. Easily switch between Mac and Windows applications. Keep the look and feel of Mac OS or use the familiar Windows desktop. VMware Fusion: Powerfully Simple Virtual Machines for Mac. VMware Fusion Pro and VMware Fusion Player Desktop Hypervisors give Mac users the power to run Windows on Mac along with hundreds of other operating systems, containers or Kubernetes clusters, side by side with Mac applications, without rebooting. Fusion products are simple enough for home users and powerful enough for IT.
|Genre||Virtualization and Hosting Automation|
|Headquarters||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Products||Parallels Desktop for Mac|
|Revenue||US$ 100 million (2008)|
Number of employees
Parallels is a software company based in Bellevue, Washington; it is primarily involved in the development of virtualization software for macOS. The company has offices in 15 countries, including the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, China, Spain, Russia, Australia and Ukraine, and has over 800 employees.
Privately held server automation and virtualization software company SWSoft developed software for running data centers, particularly for web-hosting services companies and application service providers. Their Virtuozzo product was an early system-level server virtualization solution, and in 2003 they bought Plesk, a commercial web hosting platform.
SWsoft's acquisition of Parallels was more or less kept under wraps until January 2004, two years before Parallels became mainstream. In 2004 SWsoft acquired Parallels, Inc. and Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux 2.0 was released, with Parallels Desktop for Mac following in mid 2006. Later the same year the corporate headquarters moved from Herndon, Virginia to Renton, Washington.
At Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference 2007 in San Francisco, California, Parallels announced and demonstrated its upcoming Parallels Server for Mac. Parallels Server for Mac will reportedly allow IT managers to run multiple server operating systems on a single Mac Xserve.
In 2007 the German company Netsys GmbH sued Parallels' German distributor Avanquest for copyright violation (see Parallels Desktop for Mac for details), then Parallels Server for Mac was announced at WWDC - and later Parallels Technology Network.
Parallels Desktop For Mac Key
In 2008 SWsoft merged into Parallels to become one company under the Parallels branding which then acquired ModernGigabyte, LLC.Parallels Server for Mac was launched in June then in September Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux, a rename of Parallels Workstation for the 4.0 release, - and Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac later that year. From the next version, 6.0, the Windows and Linux software became known as Parallels Workstation again.
Over the next three years the company launched Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac,Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition,Parallels Transporter, Parallels Workstation 6 Extreme,Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, Parallels Mobile for iOS - and Parallels Workstation 6.
During 2012, 2013 and 2014, the company discontinued Parallels Server for Mac, Windows and Linux, launched Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and Mac Management for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. and released Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
Parallels Desktop For Mac Support
Parallels acquired 2X Software in February 2015, rebranded their service provider business to Odin - later selling the Odin Service Automation Platform to Ingram Micro. They also released Parallels Mac Management v4.0 for Microsoft SCCM and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.
In 2017, Virtuozzo and Plesk, two products from the pre-Parallels history of SWsoft, were spun out.
In December 2018, Corel announced that it had acquired Parallels.
In October 20, 2020 it was announced that Google have partnered to bring full-featured Windows applications to enterprises and cloud workers using Chrome Enterprise. Chrome OS is increasingly being chosen by modern enterprises, either for remote work, hybrid, or in the office,” said John Solomon, Vice President of Chrome OS at Google, “We are thrilled to partner with Parallels to bring legacy and full-featured Windows applications support, through Parallels Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise, to help businesses easily transition to cloud-first devices and workflows.” 
- Parallels Desktop for Mac - an x86 virtualization platform for macOS.
- Parallels RAS - Delivers Virtual desktops and extends Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host desktop sessions and applications to users through the Microsoft RDP protocol.
- Parallels Toolbox - a software containing links to common OS functions.
- Parallels Access - a remote desktop platform.
- Parallels Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise - Run full-featured Windows applications, including native Microsoft Office, on Chromebook Enterprise devices — online and offline.
- ^'Worldwide Operations HQ at http://www.parallels.com/en/contact'. Archived from the original on 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2008-05-22.External link in
- ^Parallels CEO Sees IPO in a Few Years, Not an Acquisition
- ^ abCareer Opportunities
- ^HostReview : Web Hosting News : SWsoft Acquires Plesk and Confixx to Create Global Hosting Software Powerhouse
- ^ abDavid Marshall (Jan 29, 2008) [08:03 PM].InfoWorld Virtualization Report David Marshall InfoWorld Parallels Announces Virtuozzo Containers 4.0Archived February 2, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- ^Parallels acknowledges SWsoft ownership
- ^Archived October 16, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- ^Archived February 18, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- ^David Marshall (June 16, 2007) [04:03 PM]. 'InfoWorld Virtualization Report David Marshall InfoWorld Parallels Announces Features of its Mac Server Virtualization Product'. Archived from the original on 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- ^Parallels demos Mac server virtualization
- ^Parallels Server for Mac
- ^Parallels Technology Network announcedArchived 2007-11-23 at the Wayback Machine
- ^Web Host Industry News Parallels Acquires ModernGigabyte
- ^Parallels.com Parallels Acquires ModernGigabyteArchived 2008-05-11 at the Wayback Machine
- ^David Marshall (June 18, 2008) [08:14 AM]. Virtualization Report David Marshall InfoWorld Parallels announces the first Mac server virtualization platformArchived June 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- ^'Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux Leverages Industry-Leading Mac Technology to Enable Widespread Adoption of PC Virtualization'. Parallels. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 4.0 for Mac Offers Premium Windows-on-Mac Experience'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 5 for Mac Offers Fastest Performance on Snow Leopard and for Windows 7 Available'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 6 for Mac Delivers Unprecedented New and Enhanced Features for Best Windows on Mac Experience Yet'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition Launch Lets Businesses Run Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux Environments Side-by-Side on an Apple Mac mini'. Parallels. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Transporter Launches on the Mac App Store, Makes the Move from a PC to a Mac Easy'. Parallels. 2011-05-18. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Workstation 6 Extreme makes the consolidated professional graphics workstation a reality through unmatched performance of direct assignment technology'. Parallels. 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 7 for Mac Makes Windows Programs Roar with Mac OS X Lion Features; New Parallels Mobile App Delivers OS X and Windows Control Plus Flash Videos with Sound'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'New Parallels Mobile App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch Delivers Anytime Anywhere Control of Mac OS X, Windows, Ubuntu, Chrome, Fedora, Applications and Files on Your Mac'. Parallels. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Workstation 6 Gives Web Designers and IT Professionals Seamless Capabilities for Running Multiple Operating Systems – Including Windows 8 – on a Single PC'. Parallels. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^Brian Madden (2015-02-26). 'Parallels Buys 2X Software'. brianmadden.com. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- ^'We've Changed Our Name – Parallels Service Provider Business is Now Odin'. blog.odin.com. Archived from the original on 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- ^'Parallels Holdings Limited Announces the Sale of its Odin Service Automation Platform to Ingram Micro'. December 2, 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- ^'CIOReview Magazine Praises Parallels: One of the '20 Most Promising Server Technology Solution Providers 2016''.
- ^Dignan, Larry. 'Corel buys Parallels for Windows on Mac play'. ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- ^'Parallels®️ Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise''.
- ^'Parallels acquires remote application server developer 2X Software'. zdnet. 2015-02-25.
- ^'Parallels®️ Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise''.
Parallels Desktop 15 For Mac Linux
Parallels Desktop is a software for Mac that enables to install Windows operating system and run Windows applications on a Mac (Intel based processors).
The best Mac email app for an organized inbox: Edison Mail Some email apps simply move spam messages and newsletters into a separate folder. Sure, you don’t see them in your inbox, but they’re. Email for mac. Learn how to use Mail on your iOS device or Mac. IPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Featured topics. Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. There are two ways you can set up an email account in the Mail app on your iOS device — automatically or manually. Learn which option is.
Parallels Desktop For Mac Pro
There are many applications and games that are running only on Windows and if you have a Mac laptop, this application will allow to install and use any Windows application.
Parallels Desktop 16 For Mac
Supports to drag&drop files between Mac and Windows profiles and use any of these 2 operating systems without restarting computer. If you are a new Mac user or you want to use apps that are popular on Windows such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD games etc. you can run any of these Windows applications as they are made for Mac.
Using Windows apps on Mac can bring some benefits, for example playing games on high quality retina display of Mac’s screen.