“It's just awesome to look at. You can even change what [part of the Earth] is in the middle of the screen. … Go ahead and buy it, It'll make your screen a little better.”
“Does everything it says, runs well and isn't CPU intensive. I like it and find it so cool to see where it's light and dark out. … If you like what you see in the screenshots, get it; I really enjoy it.”
“Pretty slick app, enhances your desktop the way it should be. Mother Earth from a satellite! Try it, you'll love it!”
Choose from 4 gorgeous daylight maps:
- Planet Pixel Emporium by James Hastings-Trew.
- Natural Earth raster map.
- NASA Blue Marble satellite image from 2002.
- NASA Blue Marble Next Generation satellite image from 2005.
See Earth at night.
A beautiful image of Earth's city lights by NASA Visible Earth.
Download Earth The Blue Planet Mac Wallpaper, More Popular Mac Wallpapers Free HD Wait For You. Beautiful Earth maps on your Mac desktop. Blue Planet replaces your desktop background with gorgeous satellite imagery of the Earth. The map's day and night areas change live as the day progresses. Download the time-lapse video (MP4, H.264, 1.7 MB) “It's just awesome to look at. You can even change what part of the Earth is in the middle of. In 2006 Planet Earth redefined natural history filmmaking, giving us the ultimate portrait of life on Earth. Ten years on, the unprecedented advances in both filming technology and our understanding of the natural world means we can once again reveal our planet from a completely new perspective. Planet Earth 3D This 3D space screensaver displays an animated and realistic 3D model of planet Earth on your screen, alternating through various scenes as music plays in the background. Via the screensaver's settings menu, the camera speed can be customized, sounds can be muted, and the digital clock can be set to either a 12 or a 24 hour time.
Show your location on Earth.
Planet Earth For Kids Video
Using Apple’s Core Location technology (Internet access required).
See how the sun moves across the sky.
Day/night areas are updated in real-time. Optionally, switch to interactive mode to simulate any time and date.
Follow the seasons.
As the sun illuminates different portions of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
Planet Earth For Kids
Take screenshots of the map.
Save a snapshot of the current map to an image file. Great for sharing via Facebook and Twitter.
Set it up the way you like it:
Planet Earth Formation
Empire Earth Mac
- Live preview in Preferences panel.
- Choose the map you like best.
- Show the Blue Planet icon in the Dock and/or the menu bar.
- Center the map on your location or have it always follow the sun’s tracks.
- If you have multiple monitors, select the one Blue Planet should use.
- Optionally launch Blue Planet automatically when you start up your Mac.
- Show the entire Earth (with black borders) or fill the screen.
- Have the map cover the icons on your Desktop (for a clean look) or place it behind the desktop icons.