If the sound has stopped working on your Mac follow these steps to help you get your Mac's internal speakers working again. If when you press the volume controls (usually F11 and F12) they appear. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers. Double-click the audio device. Click the Driver tab. Click the Uninstall button. If prompted, restart Windows. Insert your Mac OS installation disk. If the installer window doesn’t appear automatically, click the Start button, then click Computer. Click the drive that contains the Mac OS.
Use the latest version of macOS
Best Sound Card For Mac
Check your sound settings
Sound Card For Mac Pro Tower
If you still can't hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer's software, check your sound settings.
First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports.
Mac Pro Sound Card
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.