macOS Catalina introduces Voice Control, a new way to fully control your Mac entirely with your voice. Voice Control uses the Siri speech-recognition engine to improve on the Enhanced Dictation feature available in earlier versions of macOS.1
How to turn on Voice Control
After upgrading to macOS Catalina, follow these steps to turn on Voice Control:
Free TTS for Mac. Looking for Mac app to convert text to speech and save as mp3 file? Try FreeTTS convertor for Mac which enables you to process text-to-speech on your Mac PC. Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Team (Surface Hub), HoloLens. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for Convert Text to Speech.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Accessibility.
- Click Voice Control in the sidebar.
- Select Enable Voice Control. When you turn on Voice Control for the first time, your Mac completes a one-time download from Apple.2
Voice Control preferences
When Voice Control is enabled, you see an onscreen microphone representing the mic selected in Voice Control preferences.
- NaturalReader Software Read many formats, all in one place. NaturalReader is a downloadable text-to-speech desktop software for personal use. This easy-to-use software with natural-sounding voices can read to you any text such as Microsoft Word files, webpages, PDF files, and E-mails.
- The program runs on advanced speech-to-text technology by Google to ensure best results. It’s the sole app that comes with auto-save, auto-punctuation, timestamps, in-text editing & export options.
To pause Voice Control and stop it from from listening, say ”Go to sleep” or click Sleep. To resume Voice Control, say or click ”Wake up.”
Torrent search is available directly from the app too. However, there have been some security concerns reported, with the app flagging up a warning with several antivirus apps. A really nice feature is a Web Remote that lets you manage torrent downloads from a remote location.Vuze can play downloaded media and you have a possibility of playback from device connected to your Mac. You torrent for mac download. Vuze for Macis a neat torrent opener Mac OS X offering plentiful of features.
How to use Voice Control
Get to know Voice Control by reviewing the list of voice commands available to you: Say “Show commands” or ”Show me what I can say.” The list varies based on context, and you may discover variations not listed. To make it easier to know whether Voice Control heard your phrase as a command, you can select ”Play sound when command is recognized” in Voice Control preferences.
Free Voice To Text App For Macbook
Voice Control recognizes the names of many apps, labels, controls, and other onscreen items, so you can navigate by combining those names with certain commands. Here are some examples:
- Open Pages: ”Open Pages.” Then create a new document: ”Click New Document.” Then choose one of the letter templates: 'Click Letter. Click Classic Letter.” Then save your document: ”Save document.”
- Start a new message in Mail: ”Click New Message.” Then address it: ”John Appleseed.”
- Turn on Dark Mode: ”Open System Preferences. Click General. Click Dark.” Then quit System Preferences: ”Quit System Preferences” or ”Close window.”
- Restart your Mac: ”Click Apple menu. Click Restart” (or use the number overlay and say ”Click 8”).
You can also create your own voice commands.
Use number overlays to quickly interact with parts of the screen that Voice Control recognizes as clickable, such as menus, checkboxes, and buttons. To turn on number overlays, say ”Show numbers.” Then just say a number to click it.
Number overlays make it easy to interact with complex interfaces, such as web pages. For example, in your web browser you could say ”Search for Apple stores near me.” Then use the number overlay to choose one of the results: ”Show numbers. Click 64.” (If the name of the link is unique, you might also be able to click it without overlays by saying ”Click” and the name of the link.)
Voice Control automatically shows numbers in menus and wherever you need to distinguish between items that have the same name.
Use grid overlays to interact with parts of the screen that don't have a control, or that Voice Control doesn't recognize as clickable.
Say “Show grid” to show a numbered grid on your screen, or ”Show window grid” to limit the grid to the active window. Say a grid number to subdivide that area of the grid, and repeat as needed to continue refining your selection.
To click the item behind a grid number, say ”Click” and the number. Or say ”Zoom” and the number to zoom in on that area of the grid, then automatically hide the grid. You can also use grid numbers to drag a selected item from one area of the grid to another: ”Drag 3 to 14.”
To hide grid numbers, say ”Hide numbers.” To hide both numbers and grid, say ”Hide grid.”
When the cursor is in a document, email message, text message, or other text field, you can dictate continuously. Dictation converts your spoken words into text.
- To enter a punctuation mark, symbol, or emoji, just speak its name, such as ”question mark” or ”percent sign” or ”happy emoji.” These may vary by language or dialect.
- To move around and select text, you can use commands like ”Move up two sentences” or ”Move forward one paragraph” or ”Select previous word” or ”Select next paragraph.”
- To format text, try ”Bold that” or ”Capitalize that,” for example. Say ”numeral” to format your next phrase as a number.
- To delete text, you can choose from many delete commands. For example, say “delete that” and Voice Control knows to delete what you just typed. Or say ”Delete all” to delete everything and start over.
Voice Control understands contextual cues, so you can seamlessly transition between text dictation and commands. For example, to dictate and then send a birthday greeting in Messages, you could say ”Happy Birthday. Click Send.” Or to replace a phrase, say ”Replace I’m almost there with I just arrived.”
You can also create your own vocabulary for use with dictation.
Create your own voice commands and vocabulary
Create your own voice commands
- Open Voice Control preferences, such as by saying ”Open Voice Control preferences.”
- Click Commands or say ”Click Commands.” The complete list of all commands opens.
- To add a new command, click the add button (+) or say ”Click add.” Then configure these options to define the command:
- When I say: Enter the word or phrase that you want to be able to speak to perform the action.
- While using: Choose whether your Mac performs the action only when you're using a particular app.
- Perform: Choose the action to perform. You can open a Finder item, open a URL, paste text, paste data from the clipboard, press a keyboard shortcut, select a menu item, or run an Automator workflow.
- Use the checkboxes to turn commands on or off. You can also select a command to find out whether other phrases work with that command. For example, “Undo that” works with several phrases, including “Undo this” and “Scratch that.”
To quickly add a new command, you can say ”Make this speakable.” Voice Control will help you configure the new command based on the context. For example, if you speak this command while a menu item is selected, Voice Control helps you make a command for choosing that menu item.
Create your own dictation vocabulary
- Open Voice Control preferences, such as by saying ”Open Voice Control preferences.”
- Click Vocabulary, or say ”Click Vocabulary.”
- Click the add button (+) or say ”Click add.”
- Type a new word or phrase as you want it to be entered when spoken.
- For the best performance when using Voice Control with a Mac notebook computer and an external display, keep your notebook lid open or use an external microphone.
- All audio processing for Voice Control happens on your device, so your personal data is always kept private.
- Use Voice Control on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Learn more about accessibility features in Apple products.
1. Voice Control uses the Siri speech-recognition engine for U.S. English only. Other languages and dialects use the speech-recognition engine previously available with Enhanced Dictation.
2. If you're on a business or school network that uses a proxy server, Voice Control might not be able to download. Have your network administrator refer to the network ports used by Apple software products.
Are you in need of transcription services? Well, then an audio to text translator software is the thing for you. But then, the market today is full of many such software programs which make spotting a reliable one often a hard task.
However, you don’t have to bother anymore as here we have compiled a full list of some of the best audio to text translator software programs that will make everything simpler for you.
This is another very powerful audio to text transcription converter which is used by companies globally. From academic transcriptions to legal ones- GoTranscript can perform all. The service program is largely used by students, academic professionals, lawyers, police, judges and so on. The company also assures an award-winner customer support.
Free Voice To Text Downloads
You are getting a pro audio player program here for Mac or PC that assists in audio recording transcriptions. The program comes with valuable features to help the typists such as varied speed playback, video playing, multi-channel control, file management and so on. The user will control the audio playback here with keyboard hot keys or transcription foot-pedal.
The software is equipped with APIs that helps in speech recognition & speech analytics which further helps in easy insight into what customer speaks to the company staff. The software promises accurate-most speech recognition. The keyword spotting analysis as facilitated by the software helps in efficient and fast extraction of insights.
This is a very reputed web app which is dedicated to fantastic speech recognition for converting audio to text versions as well as immediate voice translation. The program runs on advanced speech-to-text technology by Google to ensure best results. It’s the sole app that comes with auto-save, auto-punctuation, timestamps, in-text editing & export options.
Dragon for Mac
This all-new software has to be on the list as it promises 15 percent more accurate speedy speech recognition than ever. You are also getting versatile transcription & mobility features that hike up your productivity at the work place. If you want to reduce the typing stress, just dictate to Dragon and it will do the work for you.
The list would stay incomplete without the mention of Inqscribe. It’s a much recommended name among transcribers which enables one to play videos & type the transcripts in same window. Whether you are taking notes or need word-to-word transcription, this audio to text conversion program would be your handy aide for everything.
Audio to Text Translator Software for Various Platforms
You will find a huge assortment of audio to text translator software applications for various platforms today. The one you are going for should match your system’s OS as otherwise it won’t work. Not every such software programs are meant for all operating systems as there are some software applications that only work for specific OS.
Free Windows Audio to Text Translator
When it comes to a good free Windows audio to text translator software, Wave To Text is a great name no doubt. This is a speech recognition-based (English) dictation program with audio to text conversion facility. You will be able to convert from voice to the text file just in real-time.
Free Android Audio to Text Translator – Evernote
If you are in quest of a good free Android audio to text translator software, don’t look past Evernote . It was previously meant to just record the audio notes like meeting notes or lectures but it now it can even turn the audiofiles to text. The app will save both the text & audio files together so that it’s easier for you to find out your recorded note.
Free Mac Audio to Text Translator Software – MAXQDA
When you are in quest of a credible free Mac audio to text translator software, MAXQDA would be a great option anyday. The powerful transcription software comes with a robust data analysis functionality which makes data recognition easier for the users. It can analyze audio & video files, interviews, online surveys & images.
Most Popular Audio to Text Translator for 2016 – Transcribe
The best bit about Transcribe is that it comes with audio player integrated well with text editor and that too on same screen. This way, you are saved from switching back & forth between audio player & editor. No wonder, a great deal of time is saved, much to the convenience of users.
If you want to know about most popular audio to text translator software for 2016, Transcribe is the name for you. It’s a favorite of students and journalists as it helps them to save volumes of time and enhance productivity, courtesy the software’s 2-3x faster audio transcription service. It’s used all over the world.
Best Voice To Text Apps
What is an Audio to Text Translator Software?
An audio to text translator software is a program which helps to convert audio files into text files. Thus, it’s also referred to as transcription software sometimes. The transcription process can be performed manually or even automatically- however, it will depend on the very advancement of your software.
The audio to text converter software comes with speech recognition capacity and can convert various kinds of audio files such as interviews, music files in MP3, online surveys and so on. Some of the more advanced options can even convert video files and images into text files. The leading ones also come with in-text editing feature.
How to Install Audio to Text Translator Software?
To install audio to text translator software, download the chosen software first through its download link. However, before you click on the download link, make sure the software matches your system’s OS. After you download the software, you will have the installation link followed by the needed instructions on installing the software.
Benefits of Audio to Text Translator Software
Many times you would need to have a text copy of the audio files for a better understanding of the matter. It could be noted from a lecture or meeting or a phone conversation with a client or for any data in an audio file. A textual picture always assures a better grasp on any information or message.
This is where the audio to text translator software options come in. These are largely used by students, journalists, medical professionals, solicitors, police, court clerk, lawyers and so on. There are some audio to text converter softwares that are specifically designed for certain industries like medical or law.
When you are planning to install an audio to text converter program, check out what kind of audio files the program can support. Your chosen one should be able to support all major audio files. When it comes to using these software programs, well, they are pretty simple to run.