Oct 13, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Help - WD My Book Data Recovery!
The WD Elements Desktop hard drive and the WD My Book Desktop hard drive come with various storage capacities. You can choose from a 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB, 12TB, and a 14TB. Today, we will be looking at the 8TB hard drive for each. 8TB would allow you to store around 1,600 movies in 1080p format or around 2 million photos.
WD My Book Driver Windows 10. Western Digital My Book driver for Windows 10 guidance are following, After launching the Google Chrome web browser on your Windows 10 computer, visit the official website of the Western Digital product. When the Software & Downloads page opens, select the My Book option from the Product drop-down menu. Equipped with a USB 3.0 port, My Book for Mac delivers ultra-fast file transfers and greater bandwidth. My Book for Mac is also compatible with USB 2.0 devices. WD quality inside and out We get the importance of your data. Millions of people worldwide trust theirs to WD hard drives. WD's top concern is keeping that data safe. It’s comforting to know that the drive is fine and mounts on my other computer, but I don’t want to have to buy a new drive since this one no longer connects to my primary Macbook. Shop for WD My Book Studio 2TB Mac External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up.
Relax! Data on your Western Digital My Book external hard drive might be lost because of unintentional deletion, system error, drive formatting, virus infection, and even improper operation. As long as your music and photos are not overwritten by new data on your WD My Book external hard drive, you can possibly get them back. They are just marked as inaccessible data on your drive. When data loss happens, you just need to look for a Western Digital data recovery program to help you get files from the WD external hard disk immediately.
- Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
- Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
- Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
Recoverit Data Recovery is my best recommendation for you. This third-party WD recovery program enables you to recover data from WD My Book external hard drive in an easy and safe way. It is the powerful Western Digital data recovery software that helps you recover almost all types of files from your WD My Book external hard drive, such as music, photos, videos, documents, etc, no matter your file is deleted, formatted or corrupted.
Recoverit - The Best Western Digital Data Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from WD external hard disk effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, lost partition, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
1. Video: Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drive
In this video, we demonstrate to you the way of recovering lost or deleted files from WD external hard drive. Watch it and you will get to know the procedure in detail.
2. How to Recover Data from WD External Hard Disk
Free download and install Recoverit Data Recovery on your computer. The following WD My Book data recovery guide is done with Recoverit Data Recovery for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can get a Mac version to follow similar steps to recover your lost data from WD My Book external hard drive.
Note: Please make sure that your WD My Book external hard drive can be recognized by your computer.
UTorrent is a great app, but it can be annoying to have ads on your desktop apps. Fortunately, these can be disabled in the Advanced settings. Utorrent. ΜTorrent® (uTorrent) Web torrent client for Windows - uTorrent is a browser based torrent client. UTorrent, without a doubt, is the most popular tool for downloading torrents. Being very lightweight, it is the go-to choice for most of the users on windows as well as mac. After acquiring uTorrent, Bittorrent Inc added ads for generating revenues. And because they were forcing ads on everyone, users were left frustrated with them.
Select a data recovery mode
To recover lost, deleted, formatted, and corrupted files from your WD My Book external hard drive, you can go to select 'External Devices Recovery' to start.
Select the location of WD My Book external hard drive
You just need to select the drive letter for your WD My Book external hard drive in the window and click the 'Start' button to begin scanning lost data on it.
Scan your WD My Book external hard drive
If the first scan cannot search your data, you can do a deep scan with the 'All-around Recovery' data recovery mode which will deeply search more data and take more time.
Recover files from WD My Book external hard drive
In the end, detected data on your Western Digital external hard drive will be displayed in the program window. You can view file names to check how many of your lost data can be recovered from your WD My Book external hard drive.
Then you just need to mark files you want and click 'Recover' to save them to your computer.
Note: Please do not save them back to your WD My Book external hard drive immediately after the recovery process.
Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Western Digital external hard drive is well-known for its reliability and durability. But nothing can be used repeatedly without any wear and tear. WD My Book external hard disk is no exception. Some issues might happen with a WD external hard disk, such as hard drive crash, undetected WD hard drive, bad sector, etc. Yet how do you know if the external hard drive is damaged or fails? Here we list some ways to help you make a correct diagnosis before deciding to replace it and recover lost data.
- Make sure the WD external hard drive is securely connected to the computer through a tough power cable and data cable. If it does but you can't access the data, it might mean the Western Digital drive is damaged.
- Notice whether there are abnormal noises, like clicking, grinding and scratching, when WD My Book is working. If yes, you might need to consider backing up or recovering data from the WD hard drive immediately.
- Verify the computer you are using is working normally. Sometimes the computer crash can cause inaccessible data and external hard drive. So you can connect WD My Book to another healthy computer.
These ways can help you simply check whether your Western Digital My Book hard drive is damaged or not, so as to prevent you from going into atray. Besides, if you want to use an external hard drive for a longer time, you should take good care of it. Here are what you can do to protect your Western Digital My Book external hard drive.
- It is better to unplug the Western Digital external hard drive with the computer off.
- Hold the side of a WD hard drive to avoid touching the PCB connectors or assembly.
- Do not shock your WD external hard disk such as dropping, jolting, or shaking the drive.
- Don't put anything light or heavy on the top of your Western Digital My Book hard drive.
Bad External Hard Drive Troubleshooting:
The Bottom Line
With the best professional data recovery software - Recoverit Data Recovery, a variety of data can be recovered from Western Digital My Book external hard drive without much effort. This data undelete software can let you get rid of the worries about data loss anytime anywhere. So if you suffer from some issues with Western Digital My Book hard drive which causes data loss, don't panic. Download the WD data recovery program and start retrieving lost files back.
Wd My Book Driver For Mac Osx
What's Wrong with Drive
Wd My Book Not Working
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive